Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3341  
Old 09-06-2009, 11:09 PM
ffemtmcd's Avatar
ffemtmcd ffemtmcd is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gardner, Ks.
Posts: 530
need some advice - going to give estimate on large area 50k + aeration job - I know what to charge on regular lawns but have never quoted area this large - I normally give a little price break on anything over 10k but even at that rate it seems too high - it's aeration only, no seeding I was thinking 20 per 1k - sound close??
Reply With Quote
  #3342  
Old 09-07-2009, 03:06 AM
russ and sons russ and sons is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: St.Louis Mo.
Posts: 150
in st. louis i'm lucky to get $12.00 per k , some guys do it for $30.00 -$40.00 per 10 k , twenty to me is way too high , i would figure in the $8-10 range per k . how do you plan to aerate push type or pull type, to me that makes all the difference.

russ
Reply With Quote
  #3343  
Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 AM
IN2MOWN IN2MOWN is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shawnee Kansas
Posts: 5,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtmcd View Post
need some advice - going to give estimate on large area 50k + aeration job - I know what to charge on regular lawns but have never quoted area this large - I normally give a little price break on anything over 10k but even at that rate it seems too high - it's aeration only, no seeding I was thinking 20 per 1k - sound close??


Thats $1000.00.

Id be shocked if anyone would pay that much. I would probably estimate it at 40% of that depending on the terrain.
Reply With Quote
  #3344  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:20 AM
ffemtmcd's Avatar
ffemtmcd ffemtmcd is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gardner, Ks.
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2MOWN View Post
Thats $1000.00.

Id be shocked if anyone would pay that much. I would probably estimate it at 40% of that depending on the terrain.
Thats what I was thinking -
Reply With Quote
  #3345  
Old 09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
ffemtmcd's Avatar
ffemtmcd ffemtmcd is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gardner, Ks.
Posts: 530
ok - more advise needed - I have a large sod area to cover, is there a quicker way than the small rolls at grass pad to use? Is there a machine of some sort to use? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks again for helping out a new guy.
Reply With Quote
  #3346  
Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 AM
IN2MOWN IN2MOWN is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shawnee Kansas
Posts: 5,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtmcd View Post
ok - more advise needed - I have a large sod area to cover, is there a quicker way than the small rolls at grass pad to use? Is there a machine of some sort to use? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks again for helping out a new guy.

There is a machine to unroll sod but you can only use the large rolls on it.

How big is the area?
Reply With Quote
  #3347  
Old 09-16-2009, 12:18 PM
ffemtmcd's Avatar
ffemtmcd ffemtmcd is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gardner, Ks.
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2MOWN View Post
There is a machine to unroll sod but you can only use the large rolls on it.

How big is the area?
5000 sq yards +
Reply With Quote
  #3348  
Old 09-16-2009, 06:31 PM
IN2MOWN IN2MOWN is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shawnee Kansas
Posts: 5,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtmcd View Post
5000 sq yards +
Do you mean Sq ft?
Reply With Quote
  #3349  
Old 09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
robertsturf's Avatar
robertsturf robertsturf is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Independence,Mo
Posts: 1,389
There is a big difference in sq ft and sq yds!!
Reply With Quote
  #3350  
Old 09-17-2009, 08:46 AM
paolaken paolaken is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: paola, kansas
Posts: 696
better be ready for 5000 sq yds. need lots of help.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM.

Page generated in 0.10862 seconds with 8 queries