Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-19-2010, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone going to the ryan Lawn & Tree chilli thing ?, Just asking because i may not be able to make it(school sucks).
Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't get down to bad on yourself you won't be missing much there's only going to be one speaker this year and he's gonna be talking about work safety, I'm not going till later in the morning and I've got to go b/c two of my best friends work for Ryan, Every year it's the same stuff I come home with all these biz cards, and I end up throwing away because the techs out there have there guy who there going to refer to for mowing, They are good people dont get me wrong, but Me and my friends (the guys that work for ryan and other guys in the lawn care biz) really don't aprove on some things that they do, I have a customer off of state line that I got set up for treatments and I had to let him go this year B/c the prices keep gettin higher and higher!
36' Wright Stander
32' Wright Stander
Redmax Blowers
Shindawia Trimmers
Old 01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well,
I had never pictured it like that, and it's not all bad because for half the day I'm at school then I'm at broadmoor tech center (on 83 st in op)for the rest of the day until 2:15(school gets out at 2:40 which helps me alot), I also was asked by tim cole from ryan so i could meet some new people i guess. I was going to try and miss the second half of the day so i could go grab lunch with some of you guys, and so we could be a the airport to get my grandma who's anttending my EAGLE SCOUT COURT OF HONOR !!!!!!!. I guess we'll see then.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

it is getting very messy around here. don't know how many people live around gravel but here, i have a gravel drive and the gravel roads are way nasty right now. seen cars stuck in the middle of the gravel roads, just sunk in the muck. no way to keep the trucks clean.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolaken View Post
it is getting very messy around here. don't know how many people live around gravel but here, i have a gravel drive and the gravel roads are way nasty right now. seen cars stuck in the middle of the gravel roads, just sunk in the muck. no way to keep the trucks clean.
I have gravel and ab3. Just one of those things you have to wait it out for.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright5223 View Post
Don't get down to bad on yourself you won't be missing much there's only going to be one speaker this year and he's gonna be talking about work safety, I'm not going till later in the morning and I've got to go b/c two of my best friends work for Ryan, Every year it's the same stuff I come home with all these biz cards, and I end up throwing away because the techs out there have there guy who there going to refer to for mowing, They are good people dont get me wrong, but Me and my friends (the guys that work for ryan and other guys in the lawn care biz) really don't aprove on some things that they do, I have a customer off of state line that I got set up for treatments and I had to let him go this year B/c the prices keep gettin higher and higher!

I was out talking to Jerry Boresow the other day and he was pretty shocked to get the call from Ryan that they were raising their prices up almost 5% again this year.

The guy I use used to work for Ryan for a while and he's on his own now. He uses the same product and the same system but is considerably less then Ryan. It just goes to show the more overhead you have the more you have to pass it on to the customer.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well yeah,
Since they bought like two more companies = more overhead, i thought larry could do better.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
well yeah,
Since they bought like two more companies = more overhead, i thought larry could do better.

Its all about the bucks with him
Old 01-20-2010, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, since i just got my applicators license I'm going to use it to my advantage!!!!,
I met him at his house not to long ago and he seems pretty cool, wish I could see him again on friday instead of listening to our insane english teacher talk about more insane poets.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just want to clear some things up! I don't have a problem with RYAN Lawn and Tree they have givin me great customers, and I have helped them out, I had a bad experence with on of there men,No everyone that works for them, I worded it piss poorly the other day, they do great work and the reason why they are high is because of there overhead, that we all have So I am very sorry for upsetting everyone!
36' Wright Stander
32' Wright Stander
Redmax Blowers
Shindawia Trimmers