Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No no,
Not at all I mean when you break it down it's kinda true, they to have given me some good people and now it's even better so i can offer fertilizing to my customers now to !.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright5223 View Post
I just want to clear some things up! I don't have a problem with RYAN Lawn and Tree they have givin me great customers, and I have helped them out, I had a bad experence with on of there men,No everyone that works for them, I worded it piss poorly the other day, they do great work and the reason why they are high is because of there overhead, that we all have So I am very sorry for upsetting everyone!

You didnt upset me. Ive been around them for over 15 years. I know they do great work but their prices are through the roof.

I used to refer all my customers to them but when they kept raising prices I quit doing it.

I gotta buddy who used to work for them and he left because he was sick of the daily prayers of asking God to send them money.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

God sending them money !!!!!!!, that may just be the funniest thing i've ever heard.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
God sending them money !!!!!!!, that may just be the funniest thing i've ever heard.

I thought he was joking when he told me this last summer after he left. I fell off my barstool laughing and then he told me he was dead serious.

He said they all get together first thing in the morning before they head out, get in a circle and pray for good weather and more customers so they can make more money.

Im a Catholic, Im all for praying, but IMO its a private act between God and I and Im certainly not going to ask for money. He had the same opinion.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolaken View Post
it is getting very messy around here. don't know how many people live around gravel but here, i have a gravel drive and the gravel roads are way nasty right now. seen cars stuck in the middle of the gravel roads, just sunk in the muck. no way to keep the trucks clean.
yep my parents live on a farm in linn county, I go back and help most weekends, went back last weekend, what a fing mess!!!! its miserable, this is by far the worst I have seen the roads, I hope it either freezes up or finishes draining soon. I washed my car 2 weeks ago to get the salt off, went home driving like 10 mph and its just as dirty as before, oh well at least the dust wont eat at my paint.

Hey teamgreendude, did you join explorers?

Encore Walkbehinds, Great Dane Surfer
Stihl Trimmers, Blower, Chainsaws
98 Toyota 4-runner
85 Ford F350 Diesel, 10'x 7.5' Dump Bed
94 Bobcat 7753

Old 01-21-2010, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

sure did man It's amazing !!!!!!!, although some dude named aron(however you spell it) got kicked out because he wore the fire jacket to a movie and a city rep happened to be there, and before you know it he's gone. Other than that business is going along nicely, picked up the village presbyterian church job(6641 mission road) and Since there seem to be nothing but rips offs on craigslist, my parents will be pitching in some extra $$$$ to help me buy a nicer one. Anyway though how's collage going will you be putting the bobcat to work when you get back ?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
sure did man It's amazing !!!!!!!, although some dude named aron(however you spell it) got kicked out because he wore the fire jacket to a movie and a city rep happened to be there, and before you know it he's gone. Other than that business is going along nicely, picked up the village presbyterian church job(6641 mission road) and Since there seem to be nothing but rips offs on craigslist, my parents will be pitching in some extra $$$$ to help me buy a nicer one. Anyway though how's collage going will you be putting the bobcat to work when you get back ?
i got married at the village presbyterian church.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Hahaha thats funny that kid was such an a$$clown, I knew him in boy scouts he was a tool back then. I was on the interview group that interviewed him, I knew he was just gonna be a problem but we cant really cut anybody. He is just cocky enough that he would do something like that. During a spirit week in high school one of the theme days was child hood hero day, I was gonna wear my bunker gear but I decided it wasnt worth getting kicked out.

College is good, I close on a house the end of February. So I get to bring my baby down to break out an old pool, that ought to be fun.

Glad to hear you picked up more business, sounds like your doing good if youre doing fert. and are maintain a church. I always wanted to get into churches and commercial stuff but I wasnt insured and I did just fine off my residential accounts.

Encore Walkbehinds, Great Dane Surfer
Stihl Trimmers, Blower, Chainsaws
98 Toyota 4-runner
85 Ford F350 Diesel, 10'x 7.5' Dump Bed
94 Bobcat 7753

Old 01-21-2010, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy1285 View Post
Hahaha thats funny that kid was such an a$$clown, I knew him in boy scouts he was a tool back then. I was on the interview group that interviewed him, I knew he was just gonna be a problem but we cant really cut anybody. He is just cocky enough that he would do something like that. During a spirit week in high school one of the theme days was child hood hero day, I was gonna wear my bunker gear but I decided it wasnt worth getting kicked out.

College is good, I close on a house the end of February. So I get to bring my baby down to break out an old pool, that ought to be fun.

Glad to hear you picked up more business, sounds like your doing good if youre doing fert. and are maintain a church. I always wanted to get into churches and commercial stuff but I wasnt insured and I did just fine off my residential accounts.

Yea my eagle court is on sunday and my grandma from ohio is coming tomorrow, also I may be getting a new 7x16 trailer with the 4' metal sides
and maybe a 48'' lazer z hp and after i turn 18 I'll be officially starting a crew so for them I'll be getting a 2003 f-250 crew cab diesel 4x4 long bed.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone looking for an air compressor? I have a brand new Huksy 30 gallon 2 HP vertical standing one. Never used. I paid $430.00 for it and will sell it for $375.00