Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you kidding me. If you poke a three inch hole in the ground you are responsible, your state is nuttier than ours. By the way, Go Bucky, Beat the Hawkeyes!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2013, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good news .... my Exmark aerator is fixed. Screen was clogged with debris, so they cleaned it & put new fluid in the system.

More good news .. the cheese heads have to play the HAWKEYES this Saturday in Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, it will be good news for us after the Hawckeyes lose at home. Go BUCKY!

Larry, glad to hear the aerator was fixed. I am still astonished that you have you have to call to mark a lawn before aerating.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Good news .... my Exmark aerator is fixed. Screen was clogged with debris, so they cleaned it & put new fluid in the system.

More good news .. the cheese heads have to play the HAWKEYES this Saturday in Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City.
What was the debris?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure about the debris caught in the filter. Dealer is hoping the pump did not experience permanent damage. I will pick the unit up tomorrow morning. Also >> one of the white plastic cooling fins/fans was bent from the git go. It's still bent (not level), hoping it will last until the rest of the season. After that, the dealer wants to replace it.

As far as the Wisconsin "baggers" >> errr. lol
Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We picked up the aerator this morning. Worked like it did when we first used it 3 weeks ago. It was a good feeling.

Dealer charged me over $100. Not sure why.

109-4180 filter bi-directional = $23.67
AW-32 = $22.00 (hydraulic fluid -- just like the John Deere HY-GARD we have on hand)
Labor (0.75) @$65.00 per hour = $48.75
Subtotal = $94.42
Sales tax = $5.67
Total = $100.09

I made 2 trips to drop off & pick up my new aerator. 40 minutes each way times 4. Then I get tagged with a hundred dollar bill.

Does anybody know if Exmark has some type of warranty for a unit that is 2 months old, and has 45 hours on it? I am curious about this, cuz I could have done the same fluid change that my dealer did. Fact is, I was chomping at the bit to do so. And I could have had it back in action the same day, instead of FIVE DAYS OF DOWNTIME.

Hoping Exmark could explain this. Not angry, just disappointed & curious. Thanks in advance. Larry

p.s. tines are dinged up, but oh well -- it's my problem.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
We picked up the aerator this morning. Worked like it did when we first used it 3 weeks ago. It was a good feeling.

AW-32 = $22.00 (hydraulic fluid -- just like the John Deere HY-GARD we have on hand)
Subtotal = $94.42
Sales tax = $5.67
Total = $100.09

I made 2 trips to drop off & pick up my new aerator. 40 minutes each way times 4. Then I get tagged with a hundred dollar bill.

Does anybody know if Exmark has some type of warranty for a unit that is 2 months old, and has 45 hours on it? I am curious about this, cuz I could have done the same fluid change that my dealer did. Fact is, I was chomping at the bit to do so. And I could have had it back in action the same day, instead of FIVE DAYS OF DOWNTIME.

Hoping Exmark could explain this. Not angry, just disappointed & curious. Thanks in advance. Larry

Warranty should have been registered by the dealer, the day you picked it up from the dealer. Unless it was some how your fault I would not have paid the $100.00. I think these are questions for that trustworthy owner of Adel Power Equipment. I would say their customer service is lacking especially when you spent 10 grand on a piece of equipment from him. I would be talking to Lenny
Old 10-29-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Larry, just guessing here. If the debris is from manufacture it should have been covered by warranty. If it was from use, ie. dirt, etc. then it would be on the owner. Your pain is understandable. Good news is you got the machine back and it was a minor issue. Is this the dealer where the unit was originally purchased?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, sure glad the unit is back & working perfectly. Not sure what kind of debris clogged the filter, but I had never monkey'd with the hydraulics. If dirt got in there, I wonder how often this will happen and how it gets into the system because I have never had this happen in nearly 20 years of using hydrostat lawn mowers, etc.

I plan to change the tines soon because they got dull from running on concrete.

Yes, I purchased the unit from this dealer August 26, 2013. It was brand new and had 0.10 hours on it. He said he registered it the same day I got it. Asked for my email address too, but I have not received any emails from Exmark.
model # SAR481KA30
serial # 313651169
Old 10-30-2013, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmark PR View Post
I spoke with our QA guys, because honestly, I hadn't heard of an issue where we may put the wrong oil in the cylinder...they said the same thing, that it had never come up on their sheets before and warranty isn't showing anything either.
Lenny
Exmark Technical Services Manager
Don't be too concerned, Larry says a lot of things that don't really add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdLLawnMan View Post
If the marking company painted lines they also had to have put marker flags out, and why do you call those guys anyway? Do they bury the wires that shallow in Iowa. The only thing I have to worry about are those stupid underground dog fences and irrigation heads. Both of those are the homeowner responsibility.
Posted via Mobile Device
Never mind.

Quote:
Chapter 480 in particular holds us responsible regarding any impact, impairment, penetration of protective coating, housing, or device. We receive notifications (warnings) several times per year regarding this. I wish it wasn't so.

We were flagged once last year because one invoice did not include the current air temperature. No wonder I'm a Libertarian. America sure ain't what she used to be.
I'm going to guess that you skipped quoting the part about if they are buried according to code and you cause damage you will be held responsible. Or if you don't hand dig to locate the marked utility.

I'm going to wager that aerating does not fall under the One Call\Miss Dig\utility category. I am sure they recommend it, but if the utility isn't properly installed, it isn't your fault.

But again, details are never Larry's strong point.

Quote:

Subtotal = $94.42
Sales tax = $5.67
Total = $100.09

I thought you said you didn't know anything about hydraulics?

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office