Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-05-2014, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have 2 logos floating around i made this one when i first started and will not change it till i go go an LLC then I will be Flynn
landscape contractors. my shirt guy messed up and made a new logo that said Flynn's Landscaping with a shamrock for the apostrophe. I could care less my name means nothing till im an LLC
Attached Images

2006 Carry on 5x8 trailer
2014 Haulmark 7x14 trailer
Mowers
2003 Scag Tiger Cub 48"
Toro Timemaster 30"
Handhelds
2Redmax EBZ-7500
Redmax BCZ2460ts
Echo Srm-230
Echo Hc-152
Echo Cs600P
Toro Power Head
Leaf Equipment
8hp Billy Goat Blower
9hp Billy Goat Force blower
Pesticide/Fertilizer Equipment
Lesco 80lb Spreader
Chapin 4gal sprayers

Volunteer Firefighter

Hustlin' Since 2010
Old 01-06-2014, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Associates Landscaping View Post
That's mine,I thought about changing it,i have had this logo for a while.
Do you guys know what kinda of software you design stuff this with?

I picked up summit soft logo design pro for less than $40....for an inexperienced guy like myself it was pretty easy. I play around with it then take it to my graphics guy for print
Old 01-19-2014, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is my logo...
Old 01-19-2014, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Associates Landscaping View Post
That's mine,I thought about changing it,i have had this logo for a while.
Do you guys know what kinda of software you design stuff this with?
Alright guy, I have to give you some humerus grief. I see little guys all the time using words to make themselves sounds like a big company. You have not only the "& Associates" thing going on but also the also the "Grounds Care Division" to put it really over the top.

But when I look up your name in a Google search nothing at all shows up. To pile it on with your name that thick and not even have a website which is business 101 seems kind of odd. It's pretty hard to not exist on Google but you have that feat mastered.

There's really no need in business to try to appear on a logo be something your not. Keep it real because clients can see right through a over the top name and it can make you look kind of foolish. I'm not trying to flame you but merely give you some sound advice. Your not the only person guilty of trying to create the persona though name or logo of being something your not.

I think your tree may be clip art from a Dr. Seuss book as well.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 01-20-2014, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Alright guy, I have to give you some humerus grief. I see little guys all the time using words to make themselves sounds like a big company. You have not only the "& Associates" thing going on but also the also the "Grounds Care Division" to put it really over the top.

But when I look up your name in a Google search nothing at all shows up. To pile it on with your name that thick and not even have a website which is business 101 seems kind of odd. It's pretty hard to not exist on Google but you have that feat mastered.

There's really no need in business to try to appear on a logo be something your not. Keep it real because clients can see right through a over the top name and it can make you look kind of foolish. I'm not trying to flame you but merely give you some sound advice. Your not the only person guilty of trying to create the persona though name or logo of being something your not.

Its sad how people try to be like brickman or groundsguys or us lawns its impossible in this day in age to be over the top like that.
2006 Carry on 5x8 trailer
2014 Haulmark 7x14 trailer
Mowers
2003 Scag Tiger Cub 48"
Toro Timemaster 30"
Handhelds
2Redmax EBZ-7500
Redmax BCZ2460ts
Echo Srm-230
Echo Hc-152
Echo Cs600P
Toro Power Head
Leaf Equipment
8hp Billy Goat Blower
9hp Billy Goat Force blower
Pesticide/Fertilizer Equipment
Lesco 80lb Spreader
Chapin 4gal sprayers

Volunteer Firefighter

Hustlin' Since 2010
Old 01-20-2014, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post

LOL I do the work of 10 homeowners, so "we" at agape appreciate letting "us" add you to "our" growing list of customers. If you need an estimate for additional services "we" will send" one of our associates" to serve you.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 01-24-2014, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Post 6 Tips for Building a Great Logo

www.turfmagazine.com/article-10231.aspx

Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Here is my new logo.

On whiffy's suggestion I got Adobe Illustrator to make my door hanger. Very powerful program. Once I got the hang of it I made this just for the fun of it.

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Old 02-06-2014, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmarkboy13 View Post
after alot of changing between logos, heres our new one. I have it in any color aswell.
I've seen a few of the logos you've tried and I like this with the flower/sun design the best. Very professional and elegant in its simplicity. Much better than the ugly tree. Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohawkValleyTurf View Post
Love the truck! I just got rid of my 01 2500 that was just like that. Seeing your picture kind of makes me miss that truck. Fellow NY'er here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
here is a pic of my logo... Hand painted on a kenworth t800..
That's beautiful! Love the old fashioned hand painted look on big trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape View Post
LOL I do the work of 10 homeowners, so "we" at agape appreciate letting "us" add you to "our" growing list of customers. If you need an estimate for additional services "we" will send" one of our associates" to serve you.
Ha! Yea, that's how I feel. Might be something I should see a psychiatrist about though
Old 02-06-2014, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm just starting this year and wanted to do something a little different from the normal logos I see around town. I felt like doing something original and also something that goes with the tattoo culture would look better on me since I have sleeves. I'm sure people will find it crazy...but...
Attached Images