Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Good budget landscape software?

Hey all,
Things have been doing real well and growing more and more. I know cheap and good don't normally go together.. But any good landscape design software that's under 200$ out there ? Just want Something i can present to some clients without looking like a ghetto drawing.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Member

http://www.ideaspectrum.com/arch_overview.php Its $400 but well worth the money. Its easy to work with & looks great. Its more than you want to spend but its also going to help make money. If you sell 1 job with it, its paid for itself! Check it out. I retired my compass, circles and flexi ruler thanks to this program! Also it doesnt look ghetto. I should add there are many different view points as wells as a blue print that you can use and print out. Dont let the site fool u because it does look pretty cheesy.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon Jay View Post
http://www.ideaspectrum.com/arch_overview.php Its $400 but well worth the money. Its easy to work with & looks great. Its more than you want to spend but its also going to help make money. If you sell 1 job with it, its paid for itself! Check it out. I retired my compass, circles and flexi ruler thanks to this program! Also it doesnt look ghetto. I should add there are many different view points as wells as a blue print that you can use and print out. Dont let the site fool u because it does look pretty cheesy.
Yea I been eyeing this one up.. Theres a 100$ version and a 400$ version I have to call an see if both have all my plants an shrubs in my area. Did you try both versions ?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLot View Post
Yea I been eyeing this one up.. Theres a 100$ version and a 400$ version I have to call an see if both have all my plants an shrubs in my area. Did you try both versions ?
Best $400 I've ever spent

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the $100 dollar version and its great! Architect has a lot of features, but do you really need it? All you want to do is give your clients a nice drawing right? The $100 version will do just that...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
I bought the $100 dollar version and its great! Architect has a lot of features, but do you really need it? All you want to do is give your clients a nice drawing right? The $100 version will do just that...
Posted via Mobile Device
I guess I could always buy the 100$ version an feel if I need more upgrade.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya you can do that too!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-27-2013, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Member

I just bought Realtime Landscaping Pro2013 ($100) and played around with it a little . Not alot of help out there in working with it. The booklet instructions are slim and youtube seems to only want to show off what can be done with it. It will be my winter project to figure it out. The features I really wanted were the designing on a photo and material list. I have used sketch up in the past but I dont want to spend hours measuring out and making the customers house.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-30-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I still use my pad and pencil WAY more than the design program. I use it as a sales tool. If the client is going to spend $10, 000 on a job, it really helps them visualize the idea in my head. Small installs aren't worth the time spent on it

Helpful hint for the picture rendering program. If you are trying to add a boulder wall. Go to the insert picture button and select rockery. You only have 2 rocks to choose from in a certain color. Select the color you want and place it then use "edit points" to morph the rock.