Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-21-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

a few trucks I am looking at??

truck one 1998 chevy dually reg cab. Black. great condition. 4x4 5th wheel plate. Old guy had it for pulling camper, since passed away. 454 engine. $8500

Truck two 2008 4 door dually. Red. Duramax. 124000. Concrete crew had it - the fenders are chipped here and there, box is very rough, interior is ok, must of smoked in it as a few burns in cloth seat. $24000. Red in color

Truck three 2006 ext. cab white dually. No box. Duramax. 176000 miles. City owned truck with utility box on back which they took off. $12500.

Basically looking for another truck to add. I have a dump box that I would put on in the truck which is an insert. Not really sure - alot of miles, maybe a little bit of money?? Only trucks with in 30 miles of me at the moment that are for sale in the used market that are dually trucks.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

a few trucks I am looking at??

The 454 will break the bank on gas mileage and the red truck seems overpriced. The dually has some miles on it but if it was well maintained it seems like a good deal. If I were you I would keep looking.

Doesn't matter what kind of equipment you run as long as you get the job done correctly and up to par.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'd keep looking. Driving a couple of hundred miles to get a truck shouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuallyVette View Post
I'd keep looking. Driving a couple of hundred miles to get a truck shouldn't be a problem.
X2, plenty of clean trucks out there.

"You have the ability to choose which way you want to go. You have to believe great things are going to happen in your life. Do everything you can - prepare, pray and achieve - to make it happen."
- Dr. Benjamin Carson

"Leadership - leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
- Mitt Romney

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-26-2013, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

how many miles a year?
is the 454 a auto or fivespeed>
Old 12-26-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to list my 2006 Chevy 3500 duramax 4x4. Mason dump Ext cab. It has 227k miles on it. We bought it from a electrician. We did alot of work to the truck when we got it to get it up to our standards Including a new dump body onto the truck. The engine has alot of life left it in runs just as good as my newer trucks. We're looking to get around 22k for the truck but if your interested in something like this let me know. Has alot of miles but the truck is in really good condition normally rust would be a factor at this many miles but it is not the case really good condition. So if you'd be serious let me know and I'll get you more detailed info.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The 454 is auto. In fact everything has been auto. Seems no one can use sticks now a days. Just not sure at this point. I have seen a few online that are within a 3-4 drive of me. I hate spending alot of the "to have the extra truck" but I also hate nickel and dime fixes as well. Miles per year - tough one - as this will be that extra truck I dont see much more than 10-15K if that in a year.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The gramps camper puller has not been worked by a crew or people who don't care about the tools they use.

Price is a little high ?
What's the mileage

I just did Craigslist and there is a 2002 for 9000$ 150k. And a 2001 180k 5400$ both auto both 6.0 gas. Both quad cab

If you already have the insert its the easiest way to fit what your doing ?

1 Desert Eagle
(security)
Old 12-31-2013, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for info...just looking here this morning on craiglist....maybe seen the same as you are speaking about.