Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-28-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sitting here in pain right now from some back trouble, every now and again my back will hurt bad, and then I will go to my chripractor that I do work for so we trade services thankfully. But right now I think I have a sciatica issue, it starts behind my right knee with a tight tendon feeling running up to my pelvis and lower back, the tightness has been going away but with a terrible pain in my lower back. I had to go to my chripractor over lunch today, and he cracked the everliving **** out of it and it felt great but instead of going home and icing it i joined back up with my crew and worked the rest of the day. I was limping home with a very sore lower back, I'm hoping this goes away soon. I'm going to hit the chiropractor at the end of the week, I think I'm tweaked pretty good and need some more straightening out. It makes me nervous at going on 32 having back issues with this kind of work but mostly the pain will go away in a couple days or weeks I'm hoping this is the case .
1997 Ford F250
2010 John Deere 315 skidloader
44inch Toro Z-master
44inch Toro walk-behind
36inch Toro walk-behind
48inch Exmark Metro walk-behind
Stilh and husqavarna power equiptment
haulin 16 ft enclosed trailer for mowers
haulin 18 ft enclosed trailer for landscaping
Old 10-28-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

After reading these posts, I'm feeling like a million-bucks right now!! I've never thought of chiro, having anybody walk on my back. I don't even have an "easy chair" (e.g. Lazy-Boy type).

To be sure, riding a ZTR is much more demanding than it appears. Every lawn is full of holes, ditches, bumps, and every other thing that makes the ride rough. I continue to be surprised at how much jostling my body takes when riding. I've don this for many years, and now have past 72. Maybe I just don't know any better.

I grew up on a farm and spent lots and lots of hours on a small tractor as a kid -- first time over after plowing heavy clay soil. Those rides were tough, but I think the ride on the ZTR isn't much different.