Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 11-19-2013, 05:04 PM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,511
I like them both. The seond, as Allday said, looks heavy but if you are just moving materials, it looks like it would fit the bill. The other one looks versatile as a flatbed dump especially if you could manufacture sides and a rear doors.
I'm in the same boat..still looking for a small dump.
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-19-2013, 05:30 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,300
I know. I'm in a toss up. The yellow dump is gas engine also.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-19-2013, 06:30 PM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,511
I'm sitting on the fence about upgrading a Toolcat that I don't use all that much, get a small dump, or or buy some attachment(s). Gotta do it before the end of the year and I don't know what will bring the most revenue. I already have more attachments than I use and some don't get used as often as I thought they would.
I personally need to make a decision and move on. I just have about short list and pros and cons that are canceling each other out so that's no help.

Have you driven both trucks? What did you like the most?
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-19-2013, 07:08 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 2,958
The flatbed is nice for pallets of sandbags and supersacks. Make two piece sides out of microlams and one for the back, done.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-20-2013, 08:12 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
The flatbed is nice for pallets of sandbags and supersacks. Make two piece sides out of microlams and one for the back, done.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup. Wouldn't even mess with the little dump. The only thing you won't be able to carry in that flatbed is heavy soil cause the floors arent usually strong enough. We bent a piston in half on a newer international trying to dump spills. That was a 30k repair lol

You can haul plenty of mulch we dumped that with no problems. Sometimes you can throw a ratchet strap across the top to keep the sides from bowing out. I think I used to put close to 30 yards in ours, but don't quote me on that
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 11-20-2013, 10:14 AM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 2,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Yup. Wouldn't even mess with the little dump. The only thing you won't be able to carry in that flatbed is heavy soil cause the floors arent usually strong enough. We bent a piston in half on a newer international trying to dump spills. That was a 30k repair lol

You can haul plenty of mulch we dumped that with no problems. Sometimes you can throw a ratchet strap across the top to keep the sides from bowing out. I think I used to put close to 30 yards in ours, but don't quote me on that
Posted via Mobile Device
5 tons of bricks or 5 tons of feathers, how does one bend the piston more than the other?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 AM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,300
I've still got to sell my dump trailer. Had an offer this morning, it was a trade for a bobcat 331 mini x.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-20-2013, 12:21 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
5 tons of bricks or 5 tons of feathers, how does one bend the piston more than the other?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mulch doesn't weigh nearly what wet soil does. It had a ton of rock as well. We dug 3 ft holes for 30 b+b trees. He hauled everything back in one trip. I wish I had pictures it was a scissor lift setup too. He literally bent the list I on in half and we had a 2 ft bump in the middle of the bed

They put a dual piston setup on it after that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-20-2013, 12:31 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,300
I've also thought about selling/trading the dump trailer for 30' dual tandem gooseneck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-20-2013, 12:56 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I've also thought about selling/trading the dump trailer for 30' dual tandem gooseneck.
Posted via Mobile Device
What does that gain you over the goose neck you have now?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.09226 seconds with 7 queries