Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2003, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Any Microsoft Office Experts Out There?

I am working on my annual contracts in MS Excel XP. I have a spreadsheet of my customers' info (name, address, city, state, zip, area treated, price per application, etc.). How do I go about simplifying the process of printing out individual contracts. I am sure there is a simple way to set this up. I am thinking I should be able to link the customers' info worksheet with the spreadsheet I use for the contract. If this is not clear to you I can email you a sample contract. Thanks for your help.

Jud
Old 03-07-2003, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Use Mail Merge on your Word Document. Just click the button in word and do the 3 steps. If you need more help let me know or look up "Mail Merge" or "Merge document" in your help files.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Rob,

I was wondering if you could give me a hand with my mail merge problem? I created a document in word and i sucessfully merged the data from a word database. However, i am having a problem printing the new merged documents. I hit the view merged data button on the merge toolbar and as i press the arrows there, it goes from the fields page document(new template of letter) and then as you keep hitting the arrows it shows the next customer, then the next one etc. I assume that is ok. That tells me it merged over to the letter and the names are there. Now when i hit the print button from the file menu or the print button on the toolbar all it does is print that page that is up on the screen.I also tried to merge w/printer and all that does is it throws up a window "Customer Name", underneath is a place to type in and ok and cancel buttons next to it. I noticed the in the bottom left corner of the scrren in word is press Esc. to cancel and word merging but nothing is happening at the printer to print all of the new documents. What did i do wrong? Thanks for your help and anybody else who reads this long post!!

Dman
Old 03-11-2003, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I think you did it right. You should have 2 open documents if you merged to a new document. Your original will show the field names and the new doc will be the merged one. The new document may be called "FormLetters1" . that is the one your going to print from. Look on the bottom left of your screen for "Page x Sec x x/xx "

Say you merged 50 records...

If it says 1/1 then your in your original documument, if it says 1/50 then your in the merged doc.

This ( 1/50 ) shows you have 50 pages and what page your currently on.

Print from this doc and you should be ok.

Also, The merge toolbar may not be showing on the merged doc, it should be showing on the original doc.