Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Which mgmt software do you use?

Hi,

I'm looking for a mgmt/route software for my lawn service and I'd like your opinion about:

I've heard about quite a few like Auto Pilot, Qxpress but...

1- Which software do you use?
2- Your opinion about it (pros/cons, cost/benefit)

Thanks....
Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

right now I am using jobber. Just signed up for it this year and I am impressed. its way overkill for me, but im not very organised when it comed to back office stuff, and this will save me tons of time and effort.

you try a full featured version for free without givingnthem a credit card for 30 days. I am just playing with it right now as I have no work to do, and its very easy to use.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

LawnPro, but not that enthusiastic. Customer service is my issue with them, it's non-existent. Phone calls never get returned and emails are returned with form letters that are nothing more than irritating. And then they try to sell you stuff to tell you how to be a better service company..... The software works well, at least as much as we have been able to use. We upgraded months ago with them but have never been able to access the program from anything other than the original computer we loaded it on. And as they do not return phone calls or answer any questions by email, we have not been able to use all the upgrades.

I'm switching to ServiceCEO shortly. They answer their phones, return emails and are more than ready to find a solution.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Mows View Post
LawnPro, but not that enthusiastic. Customer service is my issue with them, it's non-existent. Phone calls never get returned and emails are returned with form letters that are nothing more than irritating. And then they try to sell you stuff to tell you how to be a better service company..... The software works well, at least as much as we have been able to use. We upgraded months ago with them but have never been able to access the program from anything other than the original computer we loaded it on. And as they do not return phone calls or answer any questions by email, we have not been able to use all the upgrades.

I'm switching to ServiceCEO shortly. They answer their phones, return emails and are more than ready to find a solution.
When I started in 2007 I had Lawnpro Vers. 3.13. It worked GREAT! no problems once I figured out how it worked. Then came lawnpro 4 (Vista...hahahaha) what a joke. again, no customer service. Period.

Now, our dear friend PATRICK is offering version 5. no way
Old 01-19-2014, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnExperts View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a mgmt/route software for my lawn service and I'd like your opinion about:

Thanks....
Jobber. It's more than just route software. Invoicing, calendar, tasks list etc.

I've used it for a few weeks and highly recommend it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jobber Been using a little over a year switched from Qxpress. Happy I did. GREAT I repeat GREAT customer service.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Software

We are Qxpress users and love it. The weakest point is it has no mobile option that works yet. It is also not great for design build. Focused on maintenance.
Be wary of Jobber type software if you plan on growing past the owner operator stage. You will need to use QuickBooks for accounting if you get into payroll and more complex accounting. I understand Peachtree and other major accounting players might be ok, but QuickBooks is the universal language of small business accounting. The support, plethora of help available on the internet, and amount of accountants that prefer QB tip the scales heavily in its favor. From what I hear, companies don't "grow out" of QB till the 5 million mark or more. We send our accountant a cd with our company file on it at the end of the year, and makes our return cheaper and more accurate.
Qxpress, Hindsite, etc sync with QB and I feel are the best options. Keep in mind any great software that will support you to the 1 mil. plus mark in revenue will take lots of time to learn, and will require a person that is committed to software and computers to use. If you are computer illiterate or hate working with them, you need to outsource this function!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnExperts View Post
Hi,

Thanks....
Locqus is a free platform I developed for my small 3 truck operation. It currently routes to each job individually but will have a routing section up in the next couple months. QB integration in 2-3 weeks! Completely free which is always a plus!
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 01-21-2014, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I switched to service auto pilot last year I have been every happy with them
Old 01-21-2014, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Member

We have been running QXpress for many years. It is a good program with few if any glitches. That being said the only mobile function they currently have is QXmobile which is simply a scaled down version of the primary program. We are looking for software that is truly mobile and is Mac / iPad / iPhone comparable. Qxpress does not support Mac.
We have been looking at Clip which will do what we want it to do via CLIP2GO which is web based. Has anyone used CLIP?

Tags
invoice , management , software programs