Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

So Tiger Is a Cheater...

It's hard to believe that a sports journalist has insinuated that Tiger Woods is a cheater. What's the point of making a stupid claim like that? Well, if you want to get yourself sued ...

But that's what the Golf Channel's Brandel Chamblee did in a column for SI Golf Plus, whose editors were dumb enough to print it.

Now Chamblee is saying his insinuation that Tiger cheated went to far. What's the point dude?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's not the first time I've heard it. Seems he get strokes added in every tournament. They shove a camera up his butt and watch every move. Then someone sitting in their recliner calls and says hey...he cheated. If that is the way the game is to be played....put a camera up everyone's butt. make an even playing field.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
It's not the first time I've heard it. Seems he get strokes added in every tournament. They shove a camera up his butt and watch every move. Then someone sitting in their recliner calls and says hey...he cheated. If that is the way the game is to be played....put a camera up everyone's butt. make an even playing field.
yeah, I agree...Tiger is an easy target for everyone to say "cheater" but as you just mentioned, put the same "target" on everyone's back and level the playing field
Old 10-28-2013, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Donovan View Post
yeah, I agree...Tiger is an easy target for everyone to say "cheater" but as you just mentioned, put the same "target" on everyone's back and level the playing field
Well you cleaned that up. The last one I saw a camera was directly zoomed in on the ball as he moved a twig or something. I didn't see the ball leave it's position but it did twitch. He was penalized for it after a phone call. Burns me up. Then you get these "reporters" writing articles like the one Larry mentioned. Maybe they are just envious of Tigers game or have a small mans complex.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well it looks like Chamblee is backing it down a bit. Glad Rory spoke out to defend Tiger.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

looks like a new rule has been put in place to address ball movement caught on camara. If the movement is not recognizable by the naked eye, it is not an infraction. Hopefully this takes some of the pressure off golfers that have a camara on them the entire time they play a round of golf.