Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-04-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan85 View Post
I don't think you could run a lift ramp on the back of the van body - maybe if it flipped up against the door, otherwise I think it would be digging into the ground when you rolled it off.

One minor drawback of hauling with dumpsters is that the doors don't seal 100%, so if you're hauling stone, you might lose some dust/pebbles between the door and the body. We fixed this by putting rubber between the door and the floor.

Here are a couple shots of our trucks in action. You can see that you get a farily good dump angle with this unit.

They make a hell of a chip truck!

When I'm not driving I like the bring the good camera along to get some beauty shots.

What type of doors are you running on your bins? Hasnt been an issue for me .

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Beautiful looking truck as well!

Also is that Niagara Falls in the Backround? New york or Ontario?

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
Beautiful looking truck as well!

Also is that Niagara Falls in the Backround? New york or Ontario?
Thanks, yeah that's the American side we're on - been working on a job up there.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of work do you guys do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2013, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We run both hook lift and roll off. the 36" hook lift is the king of the landscape market i believe it is the single most versitile truck you can buy since just about everything can be setup to be a hook lift.

i will tell you right now if you really want to make money with it get the highest GVWR truck you can, 26K and under is useless it is over weight all the time. we did that when we bought our new one luckily it was only register at 26 but we could reregister it for 33K which is perfect.

the pic has the roll off with a 30yd can, i will tell you right now do some research on it before you commit to anything since it does cost a lot of money for cans.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres a few pictures of our rolloff. 2006 International paystar 5600 tri axle, cde 40 tonne roll off, Cat c15 motor. Has less then 80,000 miles. Been in the company since new.
Attached Images

A.E.L

Old 11-05-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone on here have rolloff or hook trucks?

Thanks for the replies and insight guys. Nice looking trucks as well!

I'm still trying to estimate what yearly operating costs would be. For in house use it would probably only have 10-15k miles put on because of the short haul distance from the yard to the scrapyards and recyclers. I think we would just go with a tandem or triaxle instead of a single because I feel like you'd eventually want to get a tandem/tri anyways.

Any thoughts/help with the operating costs?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Heres a few pictures of our rolloff. 2006 International paystar 5600 tri axle, cde 40 tonne roll off, Cat c15 motor. Has less then 80,000 miles. Been in the company since new.
Now that is a sexy setup Sean!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711SnoPro View Post
Thanks for the replies and insight guys. Nice looking trucks as well!

I'm still trying to estimate what yearly operating costs would be. For in house use it would probably only have 10-15k miles put on because of the short haul distance from the yard to the scrapyards and recyclers. I think we would just go with a tandem or triaxle instead of a single because I feel like you'd eventually want to get a tandem/tri anyways.

Any thoughts/help with the operating costs?
Take your payment insurance fuel and 10% divide it by 12
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
see our roll off cannot tow the equipment trailer becasue the tounge is too short on the trailer and the rails stick off the back to far. it can only tow the dumpster trailer becasue that has a 6' tounge.

ours is a ISX15 525hp with 10 speed with galbreath 75000lb hoist and autotarp. stickered for 86000lb but register at 73500lb has like 385K on it