Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-04-2014, 02:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This seems unbelievably inefficient. If someone is going to pay for this to be done in this manner, dam you certainly have found the perfect customer.

Just a couple thoughts. Have you considered using a CASE IH quadtrac pulling a high floatation pan (they use terragator type tires on the back)? At least use this to haul the material to dump area if you could not use it to load itself? These things practically walk on water.

If Your using CAT CTL's do yourself a favor and get some real buckets on them. Those undersized CAT buckets will add more time to this already unbelievable time frame.

I think Komatsu builds a large tracked dump truck. They are slow but compared to a CTL maybe not.

You have got to take video of these and post it as the job progresses. I would have to see this to believe it.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Total project is 1,753 C.Y expanded, yes it will take a while but there is no other way of doing it so that's how it has to get done!

As for our 330 and 35 Rock Truck that was not purchased for this project, that was purchased for many other projects we have going on, I have never seen in my life so many people, companies that call themselves professionals act so unprofessional! Its unreal, I thought this site was to help one another out not to sit there an say B.S this and B.S that, I invite anyone who would like to come see our operation to P.M me we have nothing to hid and have been in the business a very long time
Old 02-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

no need to attack someone personally, etc...posting an opinion is one thing, but no need for some of the comments recently posted. please keep this in mind moving forward.

thanks, we would appreciate it
Old 02-04-2014, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

What happened to the other 3400 yards?

The thread turned ugly fast, although looking back to the beginning I can see why. There is a lot of tall tales without much backing it up. Also the website doesn't invoke confidence in light of the thread.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
This seems unbelievably inefficient. If someone is going to pay for this to be done in this manner, dam you certainly have found the perfect customer.

Just a couple thoughts. Have you considered using a CASE IH quadtrac pulling a high floatation pan (they use terragator type tires on the back)? At least use this to haul the material to dump area if you could not use it to load itself? These things practically walk on water.

If Your using CAT CTL's do yourself a favor and get some real buckets on them. Those undersized CAT buckets will add more time to this already unbelievable time frame.

I think Komatsu builds a large tracked dump truck. They are slow but compared to a CTL maybe not.

You have got to take video of these and post it as the job progresses. I would have to see this to believe it.
I appreciate the ideas, I have seen those tracked dump trucks and those where and idea, questions is where do you find them. I don't want to invest a lot on such a small project, we want to get it done get out and stay away from the muck.

There has been about 3 other contractors that have gotten suck trying to do the same thing in various parts of this lake. We are well aware that it may take a month of Sundays but we at least want to get the project done.

Pictures will come as soon as we can get back on site, it has been raining a lot here
Old 02-04-2014, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Here is the out come of the clearing project, the client was on a budget so the site was "prettied" up they just wanted a quick clear and a level road they could drive into the property on.

The 305 was there to install a new culvert pipe 16" x 30' at the front of the property
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2014, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack1986 View Post
That's a bucket every 20 seconds per ex, for 50 minutes out of the hour. Actual cycle time should be closer to 15 seconds.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is the excavators constantly loading. What about the travel time of the Ctl? The excavators will be sitting quite a bit waiting to load.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack1986 View Post
What happened to the other 3400 yards?

The thread turned ugly fast, although looking back to the beginning I can see why. There is a lot of tall tales without much backing it up. Also the website doesn't invoke confidence in light of the thread.
What 3400 C.Ys?
I understand this and hence why I will post pictures of this project moving forward
Old 02-04-2014, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Love those 6 r's
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2014, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
That is the excavators constantly loading. What about the travel time of the Ctl? The excavators will be sitting quite a bit waiting to load.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's why I said hauling would be the bottle neck, and I would have 100yd/hr of hauling capacity. Also, that's 50 minutes of loading per hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierSwrx View Post
What 3400 C.Ys?...
See below.

Quote:
Here'e the dredging project that we will be using our off road dump and 330 or 336 on approx. 5200 C.Y of soil
Quote:
Total project is 1,753 C.Y expanded...