Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-03-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm from what you were saying I thought all the water was pumped out. With a lake of water behind you , you have to block it from coming into the excavation. How deep is the mud? Can you pump more water out of the lake?
Anthony has an idea with using geo dredging , only issue is it is very very expensive to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2013, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So what did you finally end up doing?
Old 12-16-2013, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was on a job where the prime used these, http://www.mabey.com/products-servic...rary-roadways/

worked pretty well for him...

good luck, hope you don't wind up in arbitration over this job!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Update on the dredging project: As of right now its on hold due to the weather we have been having and the holidays. Gives us some more time to come up with a plan.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Here's some shots of a 21 Acre clearing project we started, bobcat sent us a T650 with diamond mower to demo on the project. Things where going well until the door on the skid blew out. I needed a change of pants after that to say the least! The Diamond Mower though is bad a$$ cuts faster than a fecon head makes quick worked in the dense under brush on this project.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2013, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I like those style mowers for working WAY far from other people or glass and I had a Davco, which was the standard of that type of mower before the copycats, and I liked it. I got rid of it because it took 2x as long to make things look good and the flying debris was unaccepable to the point where I was scared to operate it near anyone. With practice, the results got be acceptable but I blew out my glass and my customer's truck window (over 150' away). I put the mower away and went to find a lexan insert. I got cut up (not bad) but it scared me enough for me to re-evaluate safety when operating forestry mowers.
I can't believe a dealer would send a machine like that out without a lexan door and debris guards which help keep combustible debris out of the compartments. Not sure what they were thinking if someone could get hurt.

Other than the safety aspect, they are fun to rip and shred thick brush.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 12-22-2013, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
I like those style mowers for working WAY far from other people or glass and I had a Davco, which was the standard of that type of mower before the copycats, and I liked it. I got rid of it because it took 2x as long to make things look good and the flying debris was unaccepable to the point where I was scared to operate it near anyone. With practice, the results got be acceptable but I blew out my glass and my customer's truck window (over 150' away). I put the mower away and went to find a lexan insert. I got cut up (not bad) but it scared me enough for me to re-evaluate safety when operating forestry mowers.
I can't believe a dealer would send a machine like that out without a lexan door and debris guards which help keep combustible debris out of the compartments. Not sure what they were thinking if someone could get hurt.

Other than the safety aspect, they are fun to rip and shred thick brush.
We where very surprised that they sent it with a standard door! Our 299 has the Lexan door on it, per our request when we ordered it, most likely we will bring the 299 over to the site within the next few days to run the mower. Right now its tied up on a drainage job in Ft. Worth.

Must say though the Diamond Mower is impressive and works very well for what it is designed to do, but I agree don't have anyone around when its operating!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would not even consider running that machine with a mower and a standard door on it. I had a T300 with the lexan door on it and had things hit it so hard it made my ears ring! It scared the absolute crap out of me many times. I had chains on the front to stop SOME of the flying debris, it does help with the distance it goes. I still peppered 3 cars one day driving by when I hit a large branch buried in the grass. Those where some mad ass people I can tell ya that!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing down some tall grass last year, I walked to area first because people were dumping there. I missed a piece of angle iron about 4"x3'. The mower threw it out the front about 90' and it skipped across the neighbors lawn and went another 30'. My jaw dropped.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
I was mowing down some tall grass last year, I walked to area first because people were dumping there. I missed a piece of angle iron about 4"x3'. The mower threw it out the front about 90' and it skipped across the neighbors lawn and went another 30'. My jaw dropped.
That's when you pack up for the day and go home before someone gets killed!