Register free!

Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mole question for you guys

Guys I'm usually pretty good about trapping the ones that dare come in my yard now, no problems but I'm recently having a ton of intruders and evading the traps almost like one tunnel and move on.

Here's the thing, they are coming from my neighbors yard (Yes that one) and what I want to know is if this has anything to do with the moles moving to my yard; she has bottles, stuck upside down in the ground, could be in the mole run I don't know and she has these bottles every 10 to 12 inches apart all the way up and down the property line

From beer bottles to salad dressing bottles, anything glass she can stick upside down? Is this some old folk lore for moles or does anyone know what the dam bottles are for?

Thanks in advance.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 11-02-2013, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Think maybe she's a little crazy!!! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs1 View Post
Think maybe she's a little crazy!!! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
A little?
No I know she's a lot crazy that's a fact.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 11-03-2013, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I sometimes use clear gallon plastic bottles filled with water, placed around the lawn to keep racoons off my lawn. It does work. Otherwise at this time of year I have droppings all over. One year I picked up fifty-two piles left over a two week period. I set out the bottles when I cleaned it all up and it completely stopped their defecating on my lawn. The problem stems from a few neighbors with old ramshackled sheds that harbour multiple families of the varmints.

She may be trying to keep spirits away though. Does she have a mirror on her front door?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44DCNF View Post
I sometimes use clear gallon plastic bottles filled with water, placed around the lawn to keep racoons off my lawn. It does work. Otherwise at this time of year I have droppings all over. One year I picked up fifty-two piles left over a two week period. I set out the bottles when I cleaned it all up and it completely stopped their defecating on my lawn. The problem stems from a few neighbors with old ramshackled sheds that harbour multiple families of the varmints.

She may be trying to keep spirits away though. Does she have a mirror on her front door?
LOL 44DCNF. No raccoons here that I know of and no mirrors.

All the bottles I see are glass. Mason Jars to beer bottles but all glass.

Then God created Women
Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
LOL 44DCNF. No raccoons here that I know of and no mirrors.

All the bottles I see are glass. Mason Jars to beer bottles but all glass.
I think the idea of the bottles is it create a distraction at a critters eye level, and I don't think it's specific to coons...it creates a change in their recognized surroundings that puts them on alert. She might be using it for the same reason to deter skunks, squirrels, the moles, etc, not realizing most animals will quickly adapt to new surroundings.

Or it's due to she's just nutz.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I believe it's just the latter. Get a load of THIS
Old 11-03-2013, 03:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Now I believe it's just the latter. Get a load of THIS
Yep, crazy a** voodoo sh**!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 03:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I think the idea of the bottles is it create a distraction at a critters eye level, and I don't think it's specific to coons...it creates a change in their recognized surroundings that puts them on alert. She might be using it for the same reason to deter skunks, squirrels, the moles, etc, not realizing most animals will quickly adapt to new surroundings.

Or it's due to she's just nutz.
This reply of mine was in referrence to the gallon jugs I put out, not the bottles the witch queen used.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
This reply of mine was in referrence to the gallon jugs I put out, not the bottles the witch queen used.
I was wondering which one you were referring to in that link, LOL.

But I told you she was crazy so yea, voo doo had already crossed my mind and I wonder if she has a doll of me sometimes

Then God created Women