Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I think she wants ya. Have you asked her out to dinner? On another note, one of my customers had mole trails at one of her property lines and she stuck those folding 18" tall wire fences (that go around flower beds) along the property line. it does appear that the moles have stopped. I guess they hit the legs and turn around. Maybe she thinks the moles are coming from your yard and she is just stopping them. That said, I think my first comment is most likely the answer.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey russlleb you might be onto something here.
Hey Kirk is she hot.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrus2 View Post
Hey russlleb you might be onto something here.
Hey Kirk is she hot.
In case you guys don't remember she's 78 years old

No pics I don't want to be held liable breaking any ones computer

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nutsy cookoo...most likely. Moles in your yard--likely due to the good care you are taking . Water and fertilizer, dense grass--that means more earthworms, perhaps softer soil--ideal for moles. Keep the traps handy. Are you using the harpoon type, wire noose type or the bear-claw grab it type?

If you have any snakes in your area--put a couple snakes down the hole.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Nutsy cookoo...most likely. Moles in your yard--likely due to the good care you are taking . Water and fertilizer, dense grass--that means more earthworms, perhaps softer soil--ideal for moles. Keep the traps handy. Are you using the harpoon type, wire noose type or the bear-claw grab it type?

If you have any snakes in your area--put a couple snakes down the hole.
Thanks Riggle
The bear claw type I think is what you would call them

I seen 1 snake this year and his butt was in the garage which is a no no.
Would scare my mom to death if she knew a snake was in the garage so he got the axe

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Atta boy, Kirk! Now, get one more, and you can make some really soft ear muffs.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Atta boy, Kirk! Now, get one more, and you can make some really soft ear muffs.
That was from back in May, was just to answer your question on the type of traps.

I did get one though; today.
Was set yesterday when I found the new run so moved a trap from a run that had not been reworked and the little sucker found this one.

I hope he was it, I'm being attacked from two sides now but that's nothing new, when they start moving they come at me from all sides at one time so I have enough traps to control them all, no biggie.

No traps set tonight, mowed and picked up leaves and mashed all the runs down so anything new I see tomorrow I'll know they are fresh.

Then God created Women
Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Kirk, been a while

I have good success with the Victor traps. Kind of knack to set them effectively but they work good. When it gets dry and moles are deep it's tougher to get them.

This company has some really nice looking traps for voles, moles and gophers. http://www.traplineproducts.com/Moles.html

Talprid is supposed to be very effective but I am not fond of poison.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatt View Post
Hey Kirk, been a while

I have good success with the Victor traps. Kind of knack to set them effectively but they work good. When it gets dry and moles are deep it's tougher to get them.

This company has some really nice looking traps for voles, moles and gophers. http://www.traplineproducts.com/Moles.html

Talprid is supposed to be very effective but I am not fond of poison.
Hey Yatt where yu been hiding yourself, good to see yu man.
Yea, don't care for the poisons either I like to see results and traps are the only sure way to know if you got your guy

The pic above is the type I use, if you don't catch one in 24 hours move the trap; unless you don't see new activity which in that case there's no where to move to right.

Then God created Women
Old 11-04-2013, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

The web site I posted has some great information and videos on how to trap moles, voles and gophers.