Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Schrock Lawns's Avatar
Schrock Lawns Schrock Lawns is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: virginia beach va
Posts: 947
toro turfmaster review

Well after owning the Toro turf master 30 for like 7 hours and using it for 15 minute before it started to snow here, hereís my review if it dries up tomorrow or Monday Iíll do a little more in-depth one.


Pros:
-Felt like I was cutting twice the grass in the same pass
-as maneuverable as a commercial 21in mower
-bags good (I had small twigs in my yard from the last storm and mulch that washed out and it sucked it right up)
-didnít leave ruts for being a 200lb mower I was cutting when it was drizzling

Cons:
-weight takes 2 people to load in truck bed but the productivity makes up for it
-canít just wip it around like a normal 21 you have kinda make a 3pt/big turn then back up
-the BBC is a little annoying
-height adjust is hard to get used to
-the price of 1800 even though my dealer threw in a free set of blades

Honestly this mower is good but if you already have a 36 stander/wb this is a waste in my opinion but if you donít itís a good purchase, it seems like it has plenty of power but we will see in spring grass. My opinions/pros-cons might change as I get more hours on the mower. Iíll try and do a full review in the next few days.
__________________
2013 chevy 2500 crew long
2013 ford 550 dump
Toro and hustler mowers
Stihl handhelds
texas bragg trailers.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
newguy123 newguy123 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock Lawns View Post
Well after owning the Toro turf master 30 for like 7 hours and using it for 15 minute before it started to snow here, hereís my review if it dries up tomorrow or Monday Iíll do a little more in-depth one.


Pros:
-Felt like I was cutting twice the grass in the same pass
-as maneuverable as a commercial 21in mower
-bags good (I had small twigs in my yard from the last storm and mulch that washed out and it sucked it right up)
-didnít leave ruts for being a 200lb mower I was cutting when it was drizzling

Cons:
-weight takes 2 people to load in truck bed but the productivity makes up for it
-canít just wip it around like a normal 21 you have kinda make a 3pt/big turn then back up
-the BBC is a little annoying
-height adjust is hard to get used to
-the price of 1800 even though my dealer threw in a free set of blades

Honestly this mower is good but if you already have a 36 stander/wb this is a waste in my opinion but if you donít itís a good purchase, it seems like it has plenty of power but we will see in spring grass. My opinions/pros-cons might change as I get more hours on the mower. Iíll try and do a full review in the next few days.
subscribed
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Cedar Lawn Care Cedar Lawn Care is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 527
I am very interested in any updates you can give us. I plan on getting one as my main residential mower. Keep us updated!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
rbljack rbljack is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 540
subsribed here too. Ive been considering this mower to increase productivity without stepping up to a full blown walk behind. Thanks for the inital review. When you have more time with it, I look forward to hearing the full blown review. Good luck, and hopefully the winter will end soon and warmer weather will bring on some growth.
__________________
Equipment Stolen/ Please Help and watch for:
6.5x12 Dual Ramp Trailer with 3 place trimmer rack and two blower racks
2012 21" Honda HRC-216 mower
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Jaybrown Jaybrown is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 683
toro turfmaster review

I have last years model it is lighter by 80 lbs and cuts amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Schrock Lawns's Avatar
Schrock Lawns Schrock Lawns is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: virginia beach va
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
subsribed here too. Ive been considering this mower to increase productivity without stepping up to a full blown walk behind. Thanks for the inital review. When you have more time with it, I look forward to hearing the full blown review. Good luck, and hopefully the winter will end soon and warmer weather will bring on some growth.
From my impression if you have a small backyard like really small townhouse small a 21 would be faster but if you have something pretty big this will be the mower for you
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,061
what blades do these mowers have on them? A lot the complaint of the Toro Timemaster was about the blades. I saw my friend's timemaster and the blades looked like gator blades. Why would you only make mulching blades for a machine like this? I hope they have a hi-lift blade for the commercial unit.
__________________
1995 Ford F-150
12X6 Aluminum Trailer
48 inch Scag V-Ride
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:54 PM
yardguy28 yardguy28 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,465
I've been keeping my eye on this mower but unfortunately I don't see one in my future.

I already have a 36" walkbehind and the few properties I have where I can't get it in the back gate, I can't get a 30" either. yes I have a few properties with 24" gate openings.

otherwise depending on how well this mower performs, I could see it being very useful.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,630
OP...?

Can you post pics of the blades?

Every possible angle?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2013, 03:05 PM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
OP...?

Can you post pics of the blades?

Every possible angle?
Posted via Mobile Device
exact rototilling: can i pm you about some questions on your mowing setup?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.07915 seconds with 9 queries