Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-10-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo PE 266 Edger - Mud Guard

I have a quick question for anyone with experience with the Echo PE 266 gas stick edger. This is my first time with the Echo stick edger. I am getting a very clean cut with it, but having an issue with mud getting jammed in the mud guard causing me to sit the machine down and run a screw driver through the flap to un jam it. Does anyone have a quick fix for this besides changing to the Stihl FC 90? I went ahead and got the PE 266 because I got a unbeatable price on it, but if I can't fix this issue it's looking lie I'm going to have to switch it over. I hate to lose any money on it being it's brand new!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo PE 266 Edger - Mud Guard

Does it have the plastic guard? If so go look at the Echo's with the aluminum guard. I cut one of my plastic guards out to make it look like the aluminum guard. Works great now.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsslawncare View Post
Does it have the plastic guard? If so go look at the Echo's with the aluminum guard. I cut one of my plastic guards out to make it look like the aluminum guard. Works great now.
Hey buddy thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it has the aluminum guard already. I had read something online about someone was able to take one side off to where it was a one sided guard and resembled the styles and theirs was doing much better. However, there isn't any bolts to take just one side off on mine. The whole piece is together and you can either remove the whole shield which I don't want to do, or leave the whole shield on there. If you have any more suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!