Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-22-2014, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

New Customer letters

I have recently gotten out of the Golf business and I am looking to expand my spraying and mowing business. I have been searching for a template letter for new customers, as I am terrible at writing! Ive searched the site, and came across some from 2001, but the email addresses were no longer valid. Any suggestions? Thanks for any input!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What's the message you want to get across?
Are you buying a list and mailing to potential customers?
Or a letter to send to customers that just signed up?
Old 12-22-2014, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I just did 10 or so lawns on the side and now I'm going to go full time into it as well as spraying. I have a customer list of a local company that did spraying, they stopped offering the service. I have addresses, prices and frequency. I've never really had to sell myself, so this part is kinda new!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you already have a list, I would stop and introduce yourself.
It will increase your odds of gaining the customer.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Member

You read my mind Montyhall, as I am looking to do the same. As I am horrible with words as well!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2014, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure if we're on the same page, but possibly.

I didn't use customer letters for new customers at the beginning of last season, but it was a big negative on my part not using them. Too many customers with too many issues, ranging from dog poop, to trash in the yard, to various other issues. It's hard when you don't use contracts, a letter sounds like a good idea.

This year I'll be including a letter including certain guidelines that must be met and an understanding from both of us.

For all your Mower Parts, Support a Small Family Man Business. Google ZERO TURN MAN.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Sponsor

Here is a quick sample letter idea, certainly will need editing but it's a starting point

Dear Customer, December 15, 2014

I am happy to announce that Montyhall Landscape Co. is going full time, with new services, but the same great customer service!

Effective January 1st, Montyhall Landscape Co. will be changing itís hours of operation to 7:00 am - 6:00 pm. We will continue to offer the same x,y,z services but we are planning to add these new a,b,c services. Although the services and hours of our company may have changed, we will continue to strive to provide you with great service and appealing landscaping results.

However with the changes there are some housekeeping changes that will be taking place at the beginning of the (service)year.

● Billing-

● Payments-

● Scheduleís

● Customer Service

● ........

We are very excited about our new direction. We feel these new changes will suit our business better and look forward to improvements and expansion of our services.

Thank you for your support and business Montyhall Landscape Co. has grown because of you!

Sincerely,
Old 12-23-2014, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expandit View Post
Here is a quick sample letter idea, certainly will need editing but it's a starting point

Dear Customer, December 15, 2014

I am happy to announce that Montyhall Landscape Co. is going full time, with new services, but the same great customer service!

Effective January 1st, Montyhall Landscape Co. will be changing itís hours of operation to 7:00 am - 6:00 pm. We will continue to offer the same x,y,z services but we are planning to add these new a,b,c services. Although the services and hours of our company may have changed, we will continue to strive to provide you with great service and appealing landscaping results.

However with the changes there are some housekeeping changes that will be taking place at the beginning of the (service)year.

● Billing-

● Payments-

● Scheduleís

● Customer Service

● ........

We are very excited about our new direction. We feel these new changes will suit our business better and look forward to improvements and expansion of our services.

Thank you for your support and business Montyhall Landscape Co. has grown because of you!

Sincerely,
To whom would one send a letter like this to?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2014, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The undertaking party