Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-21-2015, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Landscaping Software??

Hey everyone,

I just started my company about a month ago. I will be applying fertilizer and pesticides to turf grass year round. I was wondering if there is any software out there to help me efficiently run my company. Does anyone know of a program? I would like something that helps me to be able to do all the basic things like create client folders, print invoices, track whether or not payment has been made, set up future appointments on the calendar to know when to return to a certain property, etc etc. I would like to look 8 months back at any specific client address and be able to say I visited these dates, applied this quantity of fertilizer/pesticide, and I collected x amount of money.

There has to be something out there. I know i can't be stuck with a pen and paper and just microsoft office for scheduling. Help please!
Old 06-21-2015, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yardbook.com. Free
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2015, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use service autopilot and have no problems with it. It'll keep a history of the client as long as their an active client and it has a mobile app to add your products while out in the field.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-22-2015, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas0144 View Post
Hey everyone,

I just started my company about a month ago. I will be applying fertilizer and pesticides to turf grass year round. I was wondering if there is any software out there to help me efficiently run my company. Does anyone know of a program? I would like something that helps me to be able to do all the basic things like create client folders, print invoices, track whether or not payment has been made, set up future appointments on the calendar to know when to return to a certain property, etc etc. I would like to look 8 months back at any specific client address and be able to say I visited these dates, applied this quantity of fertilizer/pesticide, and I collected x amount of money.

There has to be something out there. I know i can't be stuck with a pen and paper and just microsoft office for scheduling. Help please!
look at CLIP and Real Green , compare pros and cons of both. Service Auto Pilot, to my knowledge hasn't yet gotten their chemical tracking module done, like they have been promising. So if you are doing applications, it's not yet an option.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with yardbook.com as well. Its free and has a lot of different features you can set up.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Member

+1 here for Yardbook.com. It is so easy to use a caveman can do it!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

This is a no brainer, Yardbook.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Lawnpro has been adding lots of updates lately and has chemical application tracking, scheduling and customer history reports like you are looking for. They have had a bad rap in the past but are improving and communicating much faster than before.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Sponsor

You have a lot of options to choose from. Really just depends on what features and functionality you need now as well as in the future. RazorSync is a mobile app for iPhone/Android that you may want to check out as well.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Member

YardBook was created by professional software developers with years of experience in creating applications that scale, are easy to use, feel intuitive, and are full of features we all need. I encourage others to experiment but you'll probably be well served by this free tool.

This is my 2nd season using it and I would be lost without it. I have been incredibly impressed with the level of support I get from the YardBook team as well, good luck finding that with another product, let alone one that is free.