Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-25-2015, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Craigslist for Commercial?

Alright, so i've been in business about 12 years, and been biding on commercial properties for about 3. I have 3 right now but would like to gain about 4 this summer. I will be going the usual route of calling and asking to bid, but I'm thinking about putting up a craigslist ad saying I'm looking to bid on commercial and HOA's. Just wondering if anyones tried this before and if you had any success? I don't know if commercial properties would get on there to look, or if they already have enough people ringing the phone off the hook. Thanks.
GMC bucket truck
John Deere Commercial
Stihl weedeaters, blowers.
In business since 2003
Old 01-26-2015, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion it's really rare for the commercial guys to come to you. They get so many people going to them that they don't bother even looking. It wouldn't hurt to try, but I don't feel it will be very successful.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I think it would best best to reach out to them and provide them with a proposal. Many commercial businesses don't expect a lawn care expert to actually come to them with a proposal. The idea is that your name will go to the top of the list, much like an impressive resume.

Best of luck!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have never posted on Craigslist, But like you, I have done the other. But I have learned to make a Company profile. mine is a tri fold. just a simple here's who we are, this is what we do, this is a little about our company.

I have walked in many places and ask the person at the desk to please pass this along to the man in charge.
and have received a good response from this

I think I would shy away from Craigslist. my experience it's a lower class of Customers

best of luck,
Old 01-26-2015, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Craigslist is not the place to get commercial contracts. There are some services that specialize in having commercial contracts that I would look into first.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiaa View Post
I have never posted on Craigslist, But like you, I have done the other. But I have learned to make a Company profile. mine is a tri fold. just a simple here's who we are, this is what we do, this is a little about our company.

I have walked in many places and ask the person at the desk to please pass this along to the man in charge.
and have received a good response from this

I think I would shy away from Craigslist. my experience it's a lower class of Customers

best of luck,
thanks, i like that idea. i think ill print up some info and hand it out
GMC bucket truck
John Deere Commercial
Stihl weedeaters, blowers.
In business since 2003
Old 01-30-2015, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is a long shot at best. That managers job depends on having the work done right on all his properties. They probably aren't searching through C'list for startups, and you and I are startups compared to Brickman, Valley Crest, and your other large LCOs locally. But it's free so what the heck.