Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-09-2013, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Member

This is my second year solo, been doing this work for 8 years. I get $65 an hour per man for clean ups. Same goes for mowing. I charge a rate to do the clean up and if they want it removed its obviously more. I only do a few as i hate curbside removal, homeowners think brush and rocks can go through these machines! But i get $150 a box with a $100 minimum no matter how small the pile is. If they think $100 is too much for a small pile then i tell them to tarp it to the woods, not worth my time for anything less.
Scag VRIDE
Scag Rider
Stihl BR600's
Stihl wackers/hedge trimmers
Little Wonder Vac/Walk behind blower
Old 11-18-2013, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Leaves in my area vary as to when they fall.Still working on a maple tree /fenced yard.I charge my regular mower rate for the lawn which may be as high as $65/hr while grass is still growing and leaves are falling.When I reach my mowing time limit i basically switch over to $50/hr for leaf removal and pickup.I have one helper in high school I pay $15/hr to run a backpack blower and blow shrubs and rake.I bill him out at $30/hr.I seems to work for me.I would like to charge more but am happy.I pick him up at school and we work till dark,usually up to 3.5 hrs..Nobody complains about the price and i stay busy till Thanksgiving.