Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Matt's Lawncare

I was having the same problem, so i put my name with what i do. Make sure it is something simple to remember

18 Regualar Accounts
Old 11-11-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Once you come up with a name you like, you'll want to hit NameCheap or GoDaddy and see if the corresponding domain name is available. You'll want to avoid hyphenated, non-.com, and overly long names (hyphenated and .net-type names just create an added layer of communicative difficulty that you should try to avoid.).
Old 11-11-2013, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Perfection Lawn Service LLC
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2013, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Marquis Mowing & Landscaping LLC
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Armsden Landscaping

It's funny, I spent about 6 months deciding on a name... For instance, my company name is Armsden Landscaping. And, while we do provide landscaping services(bed design and install, tree install, planting, grading, hardscapes) we also provide lawncare such as mowing, de-thatching, aeration, lawn installs, etc. So, I went back and forth between Armsden Landscaping and Armsden Lawn Care. I really liked Armsden Land & Lawn Care. I also liked Armsden Landcare as this sort of encompassed anything that could be done on your land. The reason I chose Armsden Landscaping and stuck with it is because where I came up and got my chops in the industry was the Greater Boston Area. I currently live and work in Upstate New York but in and around Boston, it is very common place and traditional to see companies titled XXXX Landscaping. It's just kind of known and implied that these companies are full service. Now, with that being said, we currently live in a world that is dominated by computers. As a business owner, you have to always be thinking about advertising and obviously a big part of that includes the internet. Most guys will tell you to think like a prospective client and ask yourself what you would type into google as a search term when looking for a company in our industry. "Lawn mowing in Boston?" "Landscaping in Boston?" "Lawncare in Boston?" Some people will tell you that things like this do not matter, and some people will tell you that it is everything. Truthfully, I just like the ring of Armsden Landscaping and it reminds me of my roots in this industry.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

TLC is my company name
Old 11-12-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Olympia Landscaping LLC

Is my company name, I have a wrestling background so that's sorta how I came up with the name..
Old 11-13-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Total Turf Solutions.

Write down a list, then completely forget about it and write another list and see if the same name is on there more than once. Ask friends or family for input. The only thing I worry about is in the future when I get into more install and hardscaping work my name doesn't imply that I can do that. Mine implies that I'm the guy you call for a lawn mow or some fertilizer but not to build a new patio. That can be solved by advertising and branding. A name really shouldn't be taken lightly, think about your business plan and what you expect to do. A name is important but the branding you do with the name down the road is more important.

To drive home the point look at the big brands out there. If you had never heard of any of them before would you go to walmart for anything other than walls? Would you think McDonalds is a great place to get a cheap burger, would you think pepsi makes a good drink? No, it's all about branding and name recognition. Find something you like then make people associate it with the work that you do.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Southern Lawns is the name of my outfit
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-14-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I go by KODAK MOWING but often think about changing to Kodak lawn care because I do so much more than just mowing nowadays, but of course that's the name of the town I live. take time and pick a good one, dont keep changing it, it makes customer jump ship for some reason.
scag 1648 belt drive wb
stihl 94
stihl 90s
Kawasaki 27b
stihl 600 bb
stihl 101 pole saw
echo chainsaw

dodge 4x4 1500 quad cab.
6x14 hustler trailer
john deere 650 utility tractor.