Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Jcb 714 adt

I ran across these on machinery trader the other day and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or a similar model. I have a Case CX75 that I use around the farm with the smaller fence line and ditch cleaning projects and what ever else we can come up with and thought that a little ADT like one of these would be a good running mate to it.

I saw one in our area a couple of years ago but I know that they are not very popular at least on this side of the Atlantic.

Right now we have an F8000 ( I think that is the model) single axle truck with about a 10' box. The truck works fine but isn't the greatest off road and would like to replace in the future with something a little better suited to how we use it 90% of the time.

Thanks for the input, I know that there is a lot of experience and knowledge on these forums to soak up.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I looked them up, kinda cool size and can see for a smaller contractor/farmer they would be very handy. I could see using them for smaller site work and field work/rock picking.

There was another brand - Hydrema that has some smaller haulers but again was European. Unusual brands like that kinda scare me when it comes to parts or repairs.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, yea I stumbled onto the Hydremas first and then started looking for alternatives for the same reason you mentioned. Given there price I might be better off finding or building a dump trailer for behind one of the tractors.

Any snow up your way yet? I'm hoping that it holds off here until they get my basement poured.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No snow up here but I think it's time to call it and stick the fork in it for the year.

I see the regular size 6x6's sometimes for a lower price but they are probably beat and they are a little too big. I have used our Kodiak(single axle) and it's been fine but we have pretty flat and solid ground.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Miskin Scrapers builds an ADT trailer to go behind an Ag tractor. That would likely make more sense than a dedicated unit for Ag use, since you already have a tractor.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I've seen those Miskin trailers before and they look pretty nice. There is also a place I believe in Iowa that makes them but I can't remember their name. Unfortunately they would be way to big to load decent with my excavator. I've been looking into building a smaller version as a winter project at some point in the future.