Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Google Trends

Does anyone here use google trends to help refine their SEO or other marketing strategy? Looking through tonight I found some beneficial information. One of the key things I noticed is that for the past 8 years the number of searches for lawn care has been declining each year however the number of searches for lawn care services has been on a steady incline annually. Also it's fairly obvious why but the number of searches bottom out in december and begin a rapid incline in march then peak in april and may then have another rapid decline however there is frequently a slight resurgence in august before dropping off completely for winter again. Just some information to help people out. Hope you can use trends to better target your marketing and report back on what you learn.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good topic, TTS. I use Trends quite a bit for content ideas (great for blog posts). When people bemoan the idea of not being able to come up with something to write on their site about, they tend to not be looking beyond the tip of their nose. Google Trends, Adwords, Pinterest, Etsy, Houzz, Twitter, etc are all amazing sources for content ideas.

If you really want to "write local", which I highly recommend, you only need open up your local paper and see what is going on in your community. Is that indoor landscaping show coming up? Write to that. If it's ahead of the show, what should people be on the lookout for? If it's after the show, write a post on the design trends you see emerging. If you don't rent a booth, there's no reason you can't capitalize on it nonetheless.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback tony. Never looked at it from that viewpoint however I can definitely see the benefit there
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Both of you guys have good ideas. I would also recommend the keyword tool from Google. Itll tell you how often a keyword is searched and the competition.
Posted via Mobile Device