The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-31-2000, 03:16 PM

Green, I think Chuck is onto something here. That funnier than actually cussing
Old 08-31-2000, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

On the 4 man maint question

Getmow...
The 4th man on the maint switches back and fourth between cutting gr***, and construction. This year was a tough year in the Norhteast....it has rained almost everyother day making the lawns tall and thick. As soon as the weather breaks I put as many people out there as I can...even if its just an extra guy to run back and fouth with barrels.
Under normal conditions, Id have only 3 men on a maint crew...and 1 with me for constrution. Basically between the two crews operating in a tight geographical area...one backs the other. After all is said and done, at the end of the day we probably average around 1400 per day
Old 09-01-2000, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

MLI, It was just a suggestion. I did the 3 and 4 man thing early on. Mostly for the "big jobs". Now we run strictly 2 man crews, the big jobs are scheduled for 2 crews. BTW all of our business is within a 15 mile radius but the traffic is a nightmare.
Old 09-01-2000, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You guys are scareing me with all these numbers. I've been mowing for twenty years in south Florida. If me and a helper make 400.00 in a day, thats good. Now hang on to your mouse. I'm no scrub. I make more on my lawns than most in my area. And provide quality. Its got a lot to do with where you live. This forum has taught me that. Helpers have been my biggest challenge.
JOSHUA 24:15
Yesteryear Lawn Care
Old 09-01-2000, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

You are not alone

Right now I am flying solo and making around $325 a day. I plan on hiring a worker and doing much more next year.Lawn care biz I used to work for only made around 445 a day with a 2 man crew after reading some of these posts i guess that isn't much.
Old 09-09-2000, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey $35 a yard sounds good .. i have all the $35-$45 yards i want...if anyone wants me to keep there yard up (because i work and cut my own yard)its gooing to cost $48 for a small yard 5-7 thousand sqft med.7100-1200 sqft $60. large
$80+ per service after all i got work and if i am going to be loaded up its going to be worth the effort....