Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Landscraper1's Avatar
Landscraper1 Landscraper1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southeastern Ma.
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwilamosky View Post
great fleet and building, could be one of the top fleets on lawn site. What do you tow those trailers with, chevy 3500? They seem heavy.
I have 4 cutting crews, each pulling one of those trailers. 2 are GMC 3500, 1 is a Chevy 3500, and the last is a crew cab GMC 4500. They all can pull a full 20' trailer with a full load of grass clippings.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:09 PM
landscaper5 landscaper5 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: bozrah,ct
Posts: 121
What age did you start this company at? Congrats man!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:18 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,783
anymore pics of that landscape trailer? That's really awesome looking, but it looks REALLY heavy too... What kind of axles are under it, looks like it could haul a skid with no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:36 PM
THORNTON SERVICES LLC's Avatar
THORNTON SERVICES LLC THORNTON SERVICES LLC is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Morgantown WV and surounding areas.
Posts: 246
Very nice equipment , thanks for sharing with everyone , I was curious if you had any pics of your mowing set up loaded up and ready to operate with equipment etc? The trailer is nice , do you run anything less than a 20ft trailer??
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Landscraper1's Avatar
Landscraper1 Landscraper1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southeastern Ma.
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
anymore pics of that landscape trailer? That's really awesome looking, but it looks REALLY heavy too... What kind of axles are under it, looks like it could haul a skid with no problem.
Thx, I have customized my trailers since I was a teenager. Then it was mostly with wood. In 2005, I came out with this design and have stuck to it. I really don't see anything I can improve on, yet.

Trailer is registered at 8000gvw. I have some things on the other side that I am patenting so, for now, I don't want it out there to be copied. What I can tell you is what each 20 ft trailer carries.

1- 60" Hustler Super Z
1- 54" Hustler Z4 or 52" Mini Super Z
1- 52" Wright Stander w/ turbo 10 catcher
1- 32" Wright Stander w/ catcher
1- 21" push mower
3- Shindaiwa grass trimmers
3- Shindaiwa backpack blowers
1- Husqvarna chainsaw
1- Tanaka hedge trimmer
12- assorted long handle tools
4- d-handle tools
1- 5 gal water cooler
1- Solo backpack sprayer
1- 10 gal water tank (for filling sprayer or washing hands)
1- 10 gal fuel tank for the mix
1- 15 gal fuel tank fro reg gas
2- large toolboxes for all the hand tools, belts, oil, jack, etc, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:02 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscraper1 View Post
Thx, I have customized my trailers since I was a teenager. Then it was mostly with wood. In 2005, I came out with this design and have stuck to it. I really don't see anything I can improve on, yet.

Trailer is registered at 8000gvw. I have some things on the other side that I am patenting so, for now, I don't want it out there to be copied. What I can tell you is what each 20 ft trailer carries.

1- 60" Hustler Super Z
1- 54" Hustler Z4 or 52" Mini Super Z
1- 52" Wright Stander w/ turbo 10 catcher
1- 32" Wright Stander w/ catcher
1- 21" push mower
3- Shindaiwa grass trimmers
3- Shindaiwa backpack blowers
1- Husqvarna chainsaw
1- Tanaka hedge trimmer
12- assorted long handle tools
4- d-handle tools
1- 5 gal water cooler
1- Solo backpack sprayer
1- 10 gal water tank (for filling sprayer or washing hands)
1- 10 gal fuel tank for the mix
1- 15 gal fuel tank fro reg gas
2- large toolboxes for all the hand tools, belts, oil, jack, etc, etc.

I can understand that. Very nice indeed. Do you carry an air tank on any of them or a portable "jumper box" with a compressor?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Landscraper1's Avatar
Landscraper1 Landscraper1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southeastern Ma.
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
Very nice equipment , thanks for sharing with everyone , I was curious if you had any pics of your mowing set up loaded up and ready to operate with equipment etc? The trailer is nice , do you run anything less than a 20ft trailer??
Thx. I don't have anything yet. I just figured out how to load pics onto this sight. When I get a chance, I will get more pics to post.

I also have a 16ft, which was the first with this design. I only have it now as a backup. If a trailer is out of commission for a repair, the crew will need to make do with it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Landscraper1's Avatar
Landscraper1 Landscraper1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southeastern Ma.
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
I can understand that. Very nice indeed. Do you carry an air tank on any of them or a portable "jumper box" with a compressor?
Funny you ask that. I was just talking to my foreman about it last week.

We have had air tanks. The men would make sure they were full every morning. A couple of years ago I decided to have each crew carry a jumper box w/compressor. I thought these things were great. Now, I am frustrated with them. They don't seem to last very long and I find myself constantly replacing them. At first, I thought that maybe the brand I had was junk. After trying multiple ones, I came to the conclusion that they are all junk. I think we are going back to the old air tanks next year.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:13 PM
noahb195's Avatar
noahb195 noahb195 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 969
Whats the need for the bucket truck? Looks like an old cable company one/
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:43 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscraper1 View Post
Funny you ask that. I was just talking to my foreman about it last week.

We have had air tanks. The men would make sure they were full every morning. A couple of years ago I decided to have each crew carry a jumper box w/compressor. I thought these things were great. Now, I am frustrated with them. They don't seem to last very long and I find myself constantly replacing them. At first, I thought that maybe the brand I had was junk. After trying multiple ones, I came to the conclusion that they are all junk. I think we are going back to the old air tanks next year.
We carry both on the trailers, a 15 gal tank and a booster box. We get about 2 years out of the booster boxes before the batteries won't hold a charge, but they have came in handy in starting mowers or other equipment. I've had about 4 different brands (usually whatever Sam's Club carries). You can't beat an air tank, as long as it has air in it!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.07921 seconds with 8 queries