Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Yes weeds will grow under clear plastic film after you roundup that area.

In fact the Green house effect of the Clear plastic film will germinate most all seeds under that Plastic film.

So a quick Roundup treatment after the film is removed will get 99% of your early weed problems.

We used that method in our North Carolina garden last year, worked like a charm.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
We used that method in our North Carolina garden last year, worked like a charm.
My new Hobby is Hydroponic gardening. I have 3 different Hydroponic set up growing at present time. I am planning on build a few more systems. Tomatoes and Bell Peppers are doing great in a Dutch Bucket. Lettuce is in Floating raft and Strawberries are in a vertical re-circulating Drip.

But the real important part is my cloning operation. I have several DWC cloning machines. I have 100+ cloning sites plus a several 72 place seed starters. So I am also doing Ornamental Linners.

When anyone says Hydroponic, every one thinks of growing Pot. Hello, My wife is a County Sheriffs Deputy and carries a BIG BIG GUN, so every thing I grow is 100% legal.

PS. If you ever do Hydroponic, DON"T buy the pre packaged Fertilizer it is a rip and Marked up 500%. Soluble Fertilizer from a Commercial Chemical Company works better than the hydro store stuff.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wow, that's really cool. I did some indoor growing in the 80's, great hobby, I've always loved growing things, but never got into hydroponics.

Maybe someday I'll have the time to get into it again. Currently we barely have time for our tiny outdoor garden.

But the nest will be empty this year, it will be 4 grown and gone, so maybe I'll be able to make time for gardening again.

Thanks for giving me something to look forward to!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
wow, that's really cool. I did some indoor growing in the 80's, great hobby, I've always loved growing things, but never got into hydroponics.

Maybe someday I'll have the time to get into it again. Currently we barely have time for our tiny outdoor garden.

But the nest will be empty this year, it will be 4 grown and gone, so maybe I'll be able to make time for gardening again.

Thanks for giving me something to look forward to!

Building a Hydroponic system takes time and money. However once the system is up and running, it takes very little time and grows a lot more. Of course there is a learning curve like anything.

Anyone interested in Hydroponics should research U Tube. U Tube has a lot of good information once you wade past the Dreck.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The OP stated "garden". I'm not sure what kind of garden he meant but if it's to grow vegetables etc for food I would be careful about what herbicides I used. If absolutely necessary use those labeled for agricultural use and according to the label. I'm not sure the Roundup we use is labeled for agricultural.