Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

BackPack Blowers

Am looking for best backpack blower have been searching forums on here and it seems 570/7500 or 580/8500 are the best. From what i understand the 570/7500 scours the ground better where the 580/8500 is more power with less control. I looked at them today and noticed the 570/7500 tube end is smaller at the end making the air more controlled and the 580/8500 is flared out at the end. My question is could you put the tube end off off 570/7500 on the 580/8500 and have the best of both worlds with more air volume plus more blowing control in tight areas. Sorry for the long post.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You would just have to try it and see. I wouldn't think it would hurt anything but they engineered it that way for a reason. I have both blowers and agree they are the best on the market right now!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2013, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I recently purchased a RM 7500. While I'm VERY curious what the RM 8500 is like...I'm literally blown away, no pun intended, as to the 7500's performance. It is a major step up from my 4 yr old RM 8001.
FWIW & I'm NOT joking, some of my customers have noticed the added power. WTF!?!
Yes, it scours...yes, it moves leaves from a long ways away. AND, it is quite a bit smaller and more compact than my old 8001. Very comfortable as well. At less than 1/3 throttle it is a veritable beast for moving stuff out of beds...then apply full throttle, well, it feels like overkill+.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 11-15-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks guys I ordered 8500 today and I am going to get both tube ends to see how it does. From what I have learned on here i know that 7500 a little lighter and less gas and probably would be plenty for my needs, but for $65 more I figured might as well get the biggest. Thanks again
Old 11-15-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both but haven't changed the ends. Let us know what you think.
I used the 570 today for an hour and switched out to the 580 and the 580 is way more powerful moving leaves/debris. The 570 is way more comfortable, less bulky, and definitely clears wet grass stuck to concrete/blacktop better but overall its no match for the 580/8500. You're gonna love it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I used the 570 today for an hour and switched out to the 580 and the 580 is way more powerful moving leaves/debris. The 570 is way more comfortable, less bulky, and definitely clears wet grass stuck to concrete/blacktop better but overall its no match for the 580/8500. You're gonna love it.
Posted via Mobile Device
My findings exactly.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe this post was meant to be a stick in my eye since we've gone back and forth on this subject, IDK, but I'm calling BS here bro. One doesn't need to own both to know how they work. I've ran both on the same wet heavy leaves and there's little difference in blowing power, or in what they'll move. Certainly no one who would have watched what I moved with my 570 tonight would ever think so. You and the poster above are the only guys on this site since these machines hit the shelves, to say otherwise, and yes, there are many here with both models. Every one of them seems to favor the 570 over all. Maybe your 570 needs to have the carb adjusted. It does recommend it in the manual after a good break in period.

Like I've posted before, I am not defending the 570 because it is what I bought. I bought it because after running every big BP out, it was the best in many different categories, and gave up virtually nothing to the 580 on the same heavy, wet leaves when the pile got deep. I could have spent the money on either, but I have yet to regret my decision.

As far as swapping tube ends, just do a search here for Darryl Gessner's posts (he changed it to Darryl G before leaving this site). He has a 580 and has tried both tube ends, but preferred the original 580 flared out end after using both.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 11-15-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No stick in the eye at all. I've run them both on the same leaves/piles, same conditions, etc..., and with the exception of unsticking wet grass on concrete/blacktop there is no comparison to the 580. We've run at least 8 tanks through the 570 so it should be broken in and knock on wood, it starts and runs flawless. Its just not as powerful as the 580 and I would never suggest it to anybody unless they need a smaller swath and pinpoint blowing to move debris.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by echo; 11-15-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It it were more/as powerful, we would definitely be using it over the 580 to save time, weight, and be more comfortable.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It is simply not true to say the 580 is way more blower. Not in the slightest. You had it in your mind back when we started discussing this that the 580 had to be more because it was the biggest blower out. On paper it is a stronger blower, but on average, they are so close as to not be worth worrying about. You may have an exceptionally good running 580 and a weaker 570, IDK.

I run next to a guy who uses the RM version every week and I can do anything he can with his 8500 side by side on the same stuff. Several guys I see each week who do a bunch of the local commercial properties run both the 7500 and 8500's. They like one just as much as the other, and they do large parking lots with them as well. The added 15% in CFM of the 580 is just about totally offset by the added 15% in MPH of the 570. It isn't just about scouring ability of more CFM. As long as a machine has high CFM to start with like the 570, the added MPH makes a big difference in real world performance.

As for having a pin point airstream? No IMO. After running a BR600M for a few seasons, the stream on the 570 is much wider spread. I couldn't really tell any difference worth noting between the 8500 I ran next to the 570 before I bought it in that regard.

I suggest anyone who wants to buy a new BP not take my word for it, nor yours, but go run them side by side on the same stuff, and not just fall leaves (but include them in their test), but the stuff we encounter all season long like lots of gravel and dirt stuck down in the turf along the edges of lawns or in ditches in the early spring from county plow trucks (where the 570 out does the 580 hands down) to sticks and branches in the turf from storms etc.