Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-15-2013, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If it was in my head I wouldn't have bought the 570. I used it. Its not in the same league as the 580. Before I bought the 580 I checked the reviews and everyone but you suggested the 8500/580. If it was indeed more powerful, I'm pretty sure husqvarna would be charging more for it. I've used it side by side and in no way can the 570 compete with the 580 on power or cleanups. I will admit, in the short time its been used its been the perfect mow blow and go blower.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
If it was in my head I wouldn't have bought the 570. I used it. Its not in the same league as the 580. Before I bought the 580 I checked the reviews and everyone but you suggested the 8500/580. If it was indeed more powerful, I'm pretty sure husqvarna would be charging more for it. I've used it side by side and in no way can the 570 compete with the 580 on power or cleanups. I will admit, in the short time its been used its been the perfect mow blow and go blower.
Posted via Mobile Device
Again, not true. You obviously didn't read nearly all the reviews. In several different threads here in the last two years since the new Husky's came out other guys said that over all they were happiest with their 570/7500 compared to their 580/8500's. In one of the threads where we were going back and forth on this, a guy from Canada (Joed) who owns and runs both told you that while his 8500 was a little better on heavy leaves, the 570 was a better all around blower and was very close in performance.

I am not claiming it is more powerful than the 580. It isn't, at least as far as engine power goes, but it is so close in performance that there's no real favor one way or the other. The 570 is way overkill for mow, blow, go use IMO. That kind of use doesn't take much of a blower to do. My old BR380 is all I need for that use, and it does it fine.

If it makes you, or anyone else sleep better to convince themselves that the 580 is the best thing out, fine by me. Like I said, no one should take my word nor yours when it comes time to buy. After all, it's their money, not ours.

If engine power alone were the criteria for what constitutes the biggest, baddest blower, the Shindy 802 would take the crown, yet both the 570 and 580 leave it in the dust.

I gotta say though, that I like this back and forth with you. You can defend your position without getting all childish and butt hurt like so many guys do.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I read all the reviews. You're way too sensitive. Is just a blower. If it works for you, great. Maybe we have more leaves than you here in the northeast. Its not as powerful as the 580 and that's why we don't use it for leaves or cleanups. If it was we'd use it. Its lighter, more comfortable, and cleans wet grass off of concrete/blacktop great. Its awesome for mow and blow. That's what we use it for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by echo; 11-16-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well now you went and made a liar outta me. You are getting offended.

I seriously doubt you have any more leaves (if as many) than I deal with here dude. You can claim anything you like here, but just because you post it doesn't make it any less inaccurate. It does no one any good at all when guys come on and post stuff that isn't accurate. It is misleading to new guys trying to find facts and learn. What you are posting is simply not accurate regarding their true performance. They are very close all the way around, and that friends, is accurate and truthful, and contains no bias. Like I said, anyone reading and wondering- go try them your self side by side.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Speaking of trying, will most dealers let you try out stuff prior to purchase ? I know they do a lot with larger equipment but handhelds as well??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Well now you went and made a liar outta me. You are getting offended.

I seriously doubt you have any more leaves (if as many) than I deal with here dude. You can claim anything you like here, but just because you post it doesn't make it any less inaccurate. It does no one any good at all when guys come on and post stuff that isn't accurate. It is misleading to new guys trying to find facts and learn. What you are posting is simply not accurate regarding their true performance. They are very close all the way around, and that friends, is accurate and truthful, and contains no bias. Like I said, anyone reading and wondering- go try them your self side by side.
Absolutely right, and I own both and tried them out side by side. For what we use them for the 570 is not close. To each their own.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLugNutZ View Post
Speaking of trying, will most dealers let you try out stuff prior to purchase ? I know they do a lot with larger equipment but handhelds as well??
Posted via Mobile Device
Most of 'em that are larger than a small mom-n-pop shop around here will. They know it's the best way to move their inventory.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Absolutely right, and I own both and tried them out side by side. For what we use them for the 570 is not close. To each their own.
Posted via Mobile Device
Regardless of what you use them for, they are both very close, and anyone who demo's them at the same time on the same stuff will see that themself.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's your opinion. That's not what we found. The 570 has its place but not for moving large piles of leaves/debris as fast as the 580. Its smaller, lighter, and less powerful. Its also cheaper. If you don't need the power of the 580 then its perfect.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Member

My brother in law has spent hours using an 8500, I bought my 570 about 2 weeks ago. Going to let him have at my 570 and tell me just how different they are.

Both Echo and Ridin' make good points. And to add to the mix Id be interested to see how the 570 performs with the 580/8500 nozzle. I went with the 570 because honestly anything over the 150 is overkill for me My BIL swears the 8500 is comfortable for hours on his back, but he is a firefighter so schlepping around equipment on his back is everyday for him. Im very interested to see how he feels about the 570/7500 after using the 8500 that much. Bear in mind mine is not as broken in as their 8500 is, but it should still be an OK comparison.

I think one of the best points Ridin' made is that, i its all about engine size and power, how come the Shindy isnt more "powerful" than the 570/580. Its a bigger engine than both, yet a whole lot of users/reviews say its not nearly as good in actual use as the Redmaxes.

As I said before Im very interested to see how each perform with the other nozzle. While I think the 580 will start to scour better with the 570 nozzle, I would worry it causes the engine to be loaded up some more, leading to even more fuel usage and hotter run temps. On the flipside, I think the 570 will push larger piles better with the 580 nozzle, but maybe not quite as good because of the missing power (but that could also remain to be seen........there are an awful lot of reviews out there saying the 570 and 580 are so close in performance).