Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-16-2013, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Really interested to hear what he thinks. Ill be in the market soon.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The 580 is comfortable its just more bulky and a bit heavier than the 570. Curious to hear about the nozzle switch.

I can definitely tell you that having both and using them one after the other, you can definitely feel the power difference. The moving of debris is IMO not close.

I may try the 580 nozzle on the 570. Due to the comfort I'd rather use the 570.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Well I know y'all have way more experence with the 570/7500 and 580/8500 than I do but by looking at the two together was just trying to figure out why the 570/7500 produced more air speed than the 580/8500. I was just thinking by the end tube difference between the two beings the 570/7500 had smaller end tube that is what made it create more air speed. I previously had a shindiawa 630 and it was great just wanted something a little more powerful. Might should have got the 7500, but for the money difference i figured what the heck.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You made the right decision. The extra money is worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
You made the right decision. The extra money is worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device
As seen by the length of this thread, this is an arguable point.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have both, and they're both broken in, and you use them on the same debris, youll find there's really no argument. If you don't have both and only look at the numbers, then I can see how there can be an argument.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
If you have both, and they're both broken in, and you use them on the same debris, youll find there's really no argument. If you don't have both and only look at the numbers, then I can see how there can be an argument.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubota57 View Post
Well I know y'all have way more experence with the 570/7500 and 580/8500 than I do but by looking at the two together was just trying to figure out why the 570/7500 produced more air speed than the 580/8500. I was just thinking by the end tube difference between the two beings the 570/7500 had smaller end tube that is what made it create more air speed. I previously had a shindiawa 630 and it was great just wanted something a little more powerful. Might should have got the 7500, but for the money difference i figured what the heck.
The air speed has nothing to do with the tube ends, which BTW, are the exact same on both with the exception of the added couple inches to make the 580's tip flare out. If you cut the 580's tube end at the bottom of the radius for the flare, you'll have the same tip as the 570's. I looked all that over before buying mine in 2011. They both have a slow taper on the inside compared to what the outside of the tube end looks like.

The speed comes from the difference in fan design and engine RPM's. The 570 has a maximum power speed of 8000 RPM and a recommended engine max speed of 7250 RPM, which means it is running at the lower speed at WOT so it isn't laboring as hard at WOT to run its fan design at its most efficient speed.

The 580 has a maximum engine power speed of 7200 RPM's, and a maximum recommended engine speed of 7200 RPM's which means it has to run at its maximum power to produce the air speed/CFM it does with its particular fan design, which in turn means shorter engine life. Switching nozzles according to the guy I mentioned above in a previous post does nothing for speed, but cuts down on its ability to spread the air flow since that is what that extra curl out at the end is designed to do (according to what Husqvarna told me on the phone).
Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Just an observation on fan speed: When you choke down the tube end the blower RPMs go up. Try it, just stick your hand over the end. On the stihl blowers, we used to wear the tapered end off and the performance went down drastically because they would drop rpm's. Now they have an extended tube end that is smaller to keep that from happening..
Old 11-16-2013, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bladz View Post
Just an observation on fan speed: When you choke down the tube end the blower RPMs go up. Try it, just stick your hand over the end. On the stihl blowers, we used to wear the tapered end off and the performance went down drastically because they would drop rpm's. Now they have an extended tube end that is smaller to keep that from happening..
That's true, but it doesn't relate to the RM and Husky blowers we are talking about here regarding their different performances. The taper isn't what you see outside where the tip rounds off to the hole at the end. It is formed right into the inside wall of their tubes, and starts well back up in the end tube inside. Changing tube ends doesn't change the inside shape, only the flare out on the end which is there to change the turbulence as the air exits.