Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-16-2013, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

And I was sold on your theory which is one reason why I bought the 570. There's just no way you've switched from one to the other moving 8+" of leaves/debris on the ground or moving a 2-4' wall of leaves/debris and think they're equal.

Now, all the talk of "scouring", I'll buy as it certainly cleans wet grass/dirt/mud on concrete/blacktop better, and for that and mow and blow accounts its awesome, but I wouldn't save $50-$80 thinking it does what the 580 does again.

Reminds me of the old General Motors discussions of the 305/350. Certainly great motors but the 305 was no 350.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't keep trying to put words in my mouth. I never said it was the exact same. The 570 isn't quite as strong with CFM, but it's much better MPH and still very high CFM make it so close it isn't worth worrying over, and that's a fact. Yes, I have run them both on wet, heavy leaves, and run right next to an 8500 every week on the same exact debris (season is over here now). I know what each will do. If the leaves are wet, as they usually are this time of year, the 570 will walk all over the 580 if getting the job clean in one pass in needed because it gets up lots of stuff the 580 won't without taking a lot longer to do. If you are just trying to push a solid wall of leaves, the 580 has a slight advantage, not a huge one, but it does have the advantage there. And only there. Everywhere else, the 570 is superior.

Look, I'm in this to make money same as everyone else. Do you seriously believe that I would buy a blower that was inferior when I could have just as easily bought the 580? I bought what worked best for 99% of all applications. I can live with being a small amount behind for that other 1%.

There are a quite a few guys here now with both machines as I've already pointed out in an earlier post (which you seem to want to ignore) that say the same thing I am. We're all wrong, and you're right? Come on dude......
Old 11-16-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen very few reviews of guys having both and preferring the 570 to move large amounts of leaves/debris or I would have bought it to begin with. No reason to spend $50-$80 more if its not necessary.

Running right next to and using it yourself isn't an equal comparison.

We want to move as much debris/leaves in the shortest time possible. That's what the 580 does. "Scouring", blowing "cigarette butts", etc... as you've said before, isn't a concern of mine. Moving the most debris the fastest is, and there's a large difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I've seen very few reviews of guys having both and preferring the 570 to move large amounts of leaves/debris or I would have bought it to begin with. No reason to spend $50-$80 more if its not necessary.

Running right next to and using it yourself isn't an equal comparison.

We want to move as much debris/leaves in the shortest time possible. That's what the 580 does. "Scouring", blowing "cigarette butts", etc... as you've said before, isn't a concern of mine. Moving the most debris the fastest is, and there's a large difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Huh?!?

If he's at WOT, and I'm at WOT, and we are side by side moving the same debris, it is as accurate at it can get.

Like I said before, there's one guy here that recently commented to you about both blowers which he does own, and he prefer the 570 overall. That post was just one of recent date (so shouldn't be too hard for you to find), and there have been other as well. Others yet, if you take the time to search them out. You can go back over the last 2 years and find more of them.

Look, arguing back and forth is fun and all, but it helps no one. Like I have said now several times- no one should take my word for it, nor yours. They should go and demo them for themselves. As long as they don't have the mentality that it is bigger so it has to be better (if true we'd all be running 802's) and are objective when they get to demo, they'll see the same thing most of us do.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 11-16-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

And you're using combined power to do it. As you said, you've run side by side. You haven't used them individually over a period of time, and switched to see the difference. Obviously Husqvarna has also, or it wouldn't be their largest blower for more money.

For your purposes and some of my purposes its awesome, but not for moving debris the fastest, and that's my main purpose...to make the most money in the shortest window of time as leaf season doesn't last long.

You talked it up great. Even got me to buy one. I don't regret it, I just wouldn't buy another one
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by echo; 11-16-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Guys didn't mean to cause any hard feelings on here, all of the replies have been very helpful didn't know about the rpm difference between the two blowers also didn't think about the smaller tube end causing the 8500 to raise the rpm's possibly making the engine run hot. But anyways that's the good thing about this site finding out everybodys opinion's that has been using this equipment compared to me that didn't know. Also this is a whole lot better than talking to dealer because they had know idea about my concerns. Thanks
Old 11-16-2013, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No hard feelings at all. It depends what your needs are. If you want lighter weight, less bulk, good blowing power, a need to "scour" alot, and want to save $50-$80, get the 570.

If you don't mind the weight, bulk, and want considerably more blowing power, I would certainly get the 580.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is crazy. I read through this thread real quick so may have missed something. Redmax didn't spend huge amounts of money designing a blower that in the end is no better than their other models. The 8500 is bigger, stronger, more powerful. Does it weigh more, yes. But any grown man in this industry should be able to tote one around. The 8500 weighs about the same as the older model blowers. Would I use the 8500 everyday? Yes , if it was my only blower. I don't use it everyday because I have a 7500 for daily use which is plenty. The 8500 will move more faster. About the rpm thing and running hot and lasting longer. I don't believe any of that because 2 stroke motors can turn a lot of rpm's and they are designed to run hot, it doesn't hurt them or shorten their life span. I think it's stupid to keep an piece of equipment for a super long time anyways because they are always coming out with something better, lighter, stronger. If you price your services accordingly you should have the money to upgrade to the newer equipment every couple of years. Overall, they are both great machines and the 7500 is great for daily maintenance use and the 8500 is worth the extra 70.00 for leaf season. If I had to chose one blower to use for a whole season I would chose the 8500 because it will get you thru the leaf season and it's fine for daily use if your a real working man.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bingo!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
This is crazy. I read through this thread real quick so may have missed something. Redmax didn't spend huge amounts of money designing a blower that in the end is no better than their other models. The 8500 is bigger, stronger, more powerful. Does it weigh more, yes. But any grown man in this industry should be able to tote one around. The 8500 weighs about the same as the older model blowers. Would I use the 8500 everyday? Yes , if it was my only blower. I don't use it everyday because I have a 7500 for daily use which is plenty. The 8500 will move more faster. About the rpm thing and running hot and lasting longer. I don't believe any of that because 2 stroke motors can turn a lot of rpm's and they are designed to run hot, it doesn't hurt them or shorten their life span. I think it's stupid to keep an piece of equipment for a super long time anyways because they are always coming out with something better, lighter, stronger. If you price your services accordingly you should have the money to upgrade to the newer equipment every couple of years. Overall, they are both great machines and the 7500 is great for daily maintenance use and the 8500 is worth the extra 70.00 for leaf season. If I had to chose one blower to use for a whole season I would chose the 8500 because it will get you thru the leaf season and it's fine for daily use if your a real working man.
Posted via Mobile Device
First, I'm not a working man because I don't use the 580? What a pantload.

I'll put my ability to work hard and fast against anyone on here, and I'm older than many of you. Lawn care is easy as can be compared to what I did for my entire career.

Second, and just for the record, I am not the one who said something about them running hot. I did say the 580 is running at its max engine rating (you can argue with Husky/RM over that if you want, but I am gong off their specs shown on their site) which will wear it out faster than an engine that isn't, and that is also fact.

You are also taking what I said and twisting it around. Re-read through this thread, and go a bit slower.