Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-17-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Low Voltage License Georgia

I am trying to get my Low Voltage License in Georgia but I need someone who already has one to sign off on it for me. I am not even allowed to take the test until someone does. Is anybody from Georgia who has one willing to help me?

Thank you in advance!
Old 11-17-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

What do you need this license for? Irrigation or lighting?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Up here in WA a person needs a low voltage lighting certification to install landscape lighting systems. Irrigation is considered "plug and Play"
Old 11-17-2013, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster304 View Post
What do you need this license for? Irrigation or lighting?
Posted via Mobile Device
It's needed for irrigation. The state requires no licenses for irrigation itself but it is required to install the controler, wire the valves, or wire the pump. The low voltage license actually allows you to work with up to 300 volts as long as the item your installing is directly related to a low voltage system. (ie. a 240 volt irrigation pump)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgcs View Post
I am trying to get my Low Voltage License in Georgia but I need someone who already has one to sign off on it for me. I am not even allowed to take the test until someone does. Is anybody from Georgia who has one willing to help me?

Thank you in advance!
Do you realize that you're asking someone that doesn't personally know you to stake their reputation, not to speak of commit fraud?

One of your former employers should sign a certificate of support for your experience and qualifications without issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:

Thank you in advance!
Post this in the landscape lighting forum, you might find someone willing to help, but someone local to you might not want to help potential competition, be prepared to pay a stiff fee for any legitimate signoff. FYI Useally you would arange a signoff first before starting
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
Do you realize that you're asking someone that doesn't personally know you to stake their reputation, not to speak of commit fraud?

One of your former employers should sign a certificate of support for your experience and qualifications without issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
I spoke to an electrician in town that I have worked with before and he said he would be more than willing to help me but the problem is that he's general electrician not just low voltage so that will not help me. He told me I needed someone with a low voltage license to sign off. It's more for paper work reasons than anything, and he did tell me I may have to pay someone to do so. There is only one person in my town who has one according to the state website and he's not willing to help. I would never in anyway ask anyone to commit fraud.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I spoke to an electrician in town that I have worked with before and he said he would be more than willing to help me but the problem is that he's general electrician not just low voltage so that will not help me. He told me I needed someone with a low voltage license to sign off. It's more for paper work reasons than anything, and he did tell me I may have to pay someone to do so. There is only one person in my town who has one according to the state website and he's not willing to help. I would never in anyway ask anyone to commit fraud.
Posted via Mobile Device

What kind of electrican doesn't have a low volt endorsement? Weird... anyway try smaller alarm companies or home theater install outfits, a outdoor lighting contractor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
What kind of electrican doesn't have a low volt endorsement? Weird... anyway try smaller alarm companies or home theater install outfits, a outdoor lighting contractor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well his license is good for any electrical work including low voltage so he doesn't need a low voltage license. I need someone with just a low voltage license. It would make sense if any electrician could sign off on it but welcome to America lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Well his license is good for any electrical work including low voltage so he doesn't need a low voltage license. I need someone with just a low voltage license. It would make sense if any electrician could sign off on it but welcome to America lol
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think this is accurate, call the Ga. Licencing board, and ask for clairifacation and options they may even have a list of unrestricted licenced contractors that help in these issue's
Posted via Mobile Device