Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-24-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncare18 View Post
Thornton,
What kind of set up is on your other truck? any pics of your rigs you could post? you guys just mow, or do you get snow down there?
I plow snow , right now the other truck is set up for snow removal , and the silver one is used for the fall stuff , as far as other set ups I am still messing with that from a most efficient set up standpoint , I have so many different types of accounts so on Monday normally I run the small set up below 6x 10 trailer with a 52 walk and a 30" push mower , tues thru thurs I use a 14ft box trailer with a zero turn and a walkbehind , and on sat and sun I run the 18ft trailer and do a lot of the large commercial lawns , I usually have help on the weekends so I need to bring both riders , and some lawns have areas were you have to have the walk behind. It annoys me though I wish I could come up with one set up that works all the time out of like a 12 or 14 ft trailer because anything bigger than that is hard to get turned around at a lot of accounts. As far as racks some trailers have them I personally have found I like all the stuff on the truck so no mater what trailer I use I have what I need , pic below 2 trimmers on each side one powerful trimmer and one lightweight trimmer on each side , a backpack and reg blower accessable from eather side , gas cans cooler etc , the only thing that is not on the truck that normally is a job toolbox that goes in the middle holds headge trimmers all that kinda stuff since we don't use them at each account but its not in the pic because I had started to unload the truck to prep for salt spreader install etc. Any ideas from people on the best all around set up I would love to see pics as well.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

THank you!!! Very nice set up you have. What kind of plows do you use? Are you a solo operation? Seems like you have a lot of mowing with all that equipment. Nice Pics.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
I plow snow , right now the other truck is set up for snow removal , and the silver one is used for the fall stuff , as far as other set ups I am still messing with that from a most efficient set up standpoint , I have so many different types of accounts so on Monday normally I run the small set up below 6x 10 trailer with a 52 walk and a 30" push mower , tues thru thurs I use a 14ft box trailer with a zero turn and a walkbehind , and on sat and sun I run the 18ft trailer and do a lot of the large commercial lawns , I usually have help on the weekends so I need to bring both riders , and some lawns have areas were you have to have the walk behind. It annoys me though I wish I could come up with one set up that works all the time out of like a 12 or 14 ft trailer because anything bigger than that is hard to get turned around at a lot of accounts. As far as racks some trailers have them I personally have found I like all the stuff on the truck so no mater what trailer I use I have what I need , pic below 2 trimmers on each side one powerful trimmer and one lightweight trimmer on each side , a backpack and reg blower accessable from eather side , gas cans cooler etc , the only thing that is not on the truck that normally is a job toolbox that goes in the middle holds headge trimmers all that kinda stuff since we don't use them at each account but its not in the pic because I had started to unload the truck to prep for salt spreader install etc. Any ideas from people on the best all around set up I would love to see pics as well.
Wow. You have a ton of equipment! We all like our toys and stuff that makes us money. Glad to see all the awesome rigs and such this is awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncare18 View Post
THank you!!! Very nice set up you have. What kind of plows do you use? Are you a solo operation? Seems like you have a lot of mowing with all that equipment. Nice Pics.
Yea I mow 7 days a week most of the summer , I am mainly a solo operation , never been able to find any good help that would stay long enough to do anything serious , Yea I mow a lot of grass , but you have to get it while you can. We do not get younger so. I use Western plows and Slat Dogg spreaders , I like the hook up and mounting system on the western plows.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Landfakers, you're first picture is almost identical to my first setup; 34 Gravely WB with prostear controls in the back of a ford ranger with ramps. In a way I'm wishing i had something similar to that. I'm thinking of buying a Ram 3500 chassis and putting a landscape bed on it. I would use it to haul a ZTR and a WB along with everything else. I think it would make for a great setup.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Member

heres mine

REDMAX/EXMARK/SCAG/BUNTON/FORD/TANAKA

"If you work just for money, you'll never make it, but if you love what you're doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours" ~Ray Krox

"This country was not built on the values of a good government providing for the people. This great nation was founded on the premise that you can make your own destiny, and take responsibility for your life and actions"
Old 11-26-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

old truck and setup was my enlosed 8.5x20 with my mowers and all in it and a 97, f350 diesel, now i have a 2012 gas f250 i just custom ordered a year ago, the 8.5x20 with all the equipment in it, also have a 7x16 7K open trailer for picking up plants/trees and supplies or for when i rent a mini bucket or mini ex, just replaced it with a new 10K for the same use, just needed more carrying gvw, and also have the 6x12 set up for chemical applications, ride on and walk behind spreader in it and the sprayers, for winter i have the western wideout plow, awesome plow, just sold my western 1000 tailgate salter

Maintenance trailer: 48" wright stander, 36" exmark metro, 3 redmax 8500s, 3 echo half shafts with all sorts of attachments, headpruners, weed whackers, bed edger, walk edger, weeder, cultivator, blades, plus all hand tools, echo chainsaw, big fuel cell with electric pump

also i added air ride to the rear of the truck with a wireless remote and onboard compressor, makes towing anything awesome
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2013, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXINRGIXI View Post
heres mine

Two hydros? Turf tracer and v ride? Hard to see the mowers from this view, but I like the rig.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOak View Post
old truck and setup was my enlosed 8.5x20 with my mowers and all in it and a 97, f350 diesel, now i have a 2012 gas f250 i just custom ordered a year ago, the 8.5x20 with all the equipment in it, also have a 7x16 7K open trailer for picking up plants/trees and supplies or for when i rent a mini bucket or mini ex, just replaced it with a new 10K for the same use, just needed more carrying gvw, and also have the 6x12 set up for chemical applications, ride on and walk behind spreader in it and the sprayers, for winter i have the western wideout plow, awesome plow, just sold my western 1000 tailgate salter

Maintenance trailer: 48" wright stander, 36" exmark metro, 3 redmax 8500s, 3 echo half shafts with all sorts of attachments, headpruners, weed whackers, bed edger, walk edger, weeder, cultivator, blades, plus all hand tools, echo chainsaw, big fuel cell with electric pump

also i added air ride to the rear of the truck with a wireless remote and onboard compressor, makes towing anything awesome
Wow. I am not a ford guy, buy your truck sure is pretty....I mean tough. I really like the enclosed trailer having the red oak leaf on it. Creative and looks great!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Honestly wasn't a ford guy either, I'm a Chevy guy, was a mechanic before a landscaped, for a weekend warrior a Chevy 1500 is a great truck, but for working daily and heavy....ford f250 or bigger is better. I did a 250 with air ride so it rides softer then a 350/450 when empty and aired out......and my 6.2 gas tows better then my 7.3diesel did...first truck ever was an s10, then a 2 door table, then chevy 1500 pickup, then the f350 and now my f250,

and thanks. All my trailers and truck are lettered identical and all
Posted via Mobile Device