Register free!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

t3000 changes

Anyone do anything to there T to make it better? I am thinking about adding another tank and a small hose reel. mainly a reel if that stupid wind snags on one more thing I'm going to lose it. Also going to add a spot for my had spreader for Islands. (better then it bouncing around in the hopper) any help with adding another tank?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good points. I too have ideas for improvements. I send them to TURFCO whenever I have an idea. (they're probably tired of hearing from me) lol

I was recently invited to a T3000 owners' meeting in Mpls, but I could not attend (busy working). I heard something about spray tanks or something shown at the GIE, but I did not attend that either (busy working).

One of my T-Men went thru over 50 bags of fert the other day. 31 lawns. I consider the T3000 far and away the most effective/most user friendly/most profitable spreader/sprayer on the market.

One of my ideas is to soften up the front suspension to smooth out the ride. It currently has "the best ride", but I can see options that I hope TURFCO will look at.

Coiled spot spray hose: room for improvement there too. Thanks, Larry, T3000 A-Team member
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess the biggest thing I did was turn around the control valves for spraying. I made a tank with a hose reel that mounts where the tray is and another nozzle for that tank it has a 12 volt pump. I was going to mount a hose reel in place of the coil hose but now I don't think I really need it.

Charles Cue
Old 11-18-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

cue can you send me pics. i have to thought the valves have need to go the other way. I was thinking about taping my tank into a saddle tank to keep from filling so often. but running drive would be nice. Right now I keep a small spray bottle hooked to my back pocket.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

anyone else?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
cue can you send me pics. i have to thought the valves have need to go the other way. I was thinking about taping my tank into a saddle tank to keep from filling so often. but running drive would be nice. Right now I keep a small spray bottle hooked to my back pocket.
I will get some tomorrow It's not to hard just remove the red handles and cut off the piece of plastic that keep them from being turned around than bend down the bracket that holds them.

Charles Cue
Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I see guys around here with the specialty tanks, valves, etc on their T, and I understand that. But honestly, we don't need it cuz we have enough other spray units/battery backpacks available to do the special (spray) applications.

We also have the boom attachment as well as the extended hopper, but we don't use them either. Reason is we have 8 trucks covering our market. We like to keep our T's "stock", cuz they have never failed us. Nuther thing: All our T's are 'pull cord' units. I guess we're old school, and none of our T's have corrosion issues (brought up during the Z vs T wars). lol

Regarding the red handles >> one of my (probably stupid) ideas was to color code each one. (each one being a different color). Like I said, I have plenty of ideas, but most of them are dumb ones .... lol
Old 11-20-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

During the fall I turn mine into a spray only unit. Unlike Larry I have the electric start and would no be without it. I added a foam marker unit that I use all season and I add lights for this time of year when if gets dark so early. I can spray my commercial properties at night. I have used a seep rate tank to spray Drive one year but don't think it is worth it for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-20-2013, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are my photos

Mike I like the idea of the lights

Charles Cue
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the turf tracker do you have the boom on to make that work Im guessing its a marker foam