Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

what are the two toggle switches for as well.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No boom after using a single nozzle I would never go back to a boom in yards.

Just one fomer hanging under the machine

Charles Cue
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

toggle switches and what does the foam kit run.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
toggle switches and what does the foam kit run.
The one on the left is a kill switch The bigger one on the right runs the extra tank that I use that mounts were the tray sets

You missed the button on the bottom right ?

That's the starter button

Charles Cue
Old 11-20-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdLLawnMan View Post
During the fall I turn mine into a spray only unit. Unlike Larry I have the electric start and would no be without it. I added a foam marker unit that I use all season and I add lights for this time of year when if gets dark so early. I can spray my commercial properties at night. I have used a seep rate tank to spray Drive one year but don't think it is worth it for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like your thinking Mike. Nice set up imo.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Larry we always appreciate your comments. As a long term user of the T3000 you have valuable insite on how to improve the machine. Sadly we cannot improve as fast as we would like to see the machine evolve. But, evolve and get better it is and will continue to do so. Thank you for your contunued support and comments, like I said we welcome them so keep them coming. I am constantly impressed with the do-it-yourself modifications I see owners doing to their machines and wish we could offer them all. But, our decision is still to offer the best machine for the industry that we can deliver. Easy to work on, simple to operate, productive and precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Good points. I too have ideas for improvements. I send them to TURFCO whenever I have an idea. (they're probably tired of hearing from me) lol

I was recently invited to a T3000 owners' meeting in Mpls, but I could not attend (busy working). I heard something about spray tanks or something shown at the GIE, but I did not attend that either (busy working).

One of my T-Men went thru over 50 bags of fert the other day. 31 lawns. I consider the T3000 far and away the most effective/most user friendly/most profitable spreader/sprayer on the market.

One of my ideas is to soften up the front suspension to smooth out the ride. It currently has "the best ride", but I can see options that I hope TURFCO will look at.

Coiled spot spray hose: room for improvement there too. Thanks, Larry, T3000 A-Team member
Old 11-22-2013, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
cue can you send me pics. i have to thought the valves have need to go the other way. I was thinking about taping my tank into a saddle tank to keep from filling so often. but running drive would be nice. Right now I keep a small spray bottle hooked to my back pocket.
Turfco has a kit to do just that with a special lid for the saddle tank, called a 3 in one tank. Also comes with another blue nozzle for the front to spray a second product.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Bob hows it going I think you guys have a great Mechine and no one is perfect and guys like me will always do modifications just because

Charles Cue
Old 11-23-2013, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How many HP are these ride-ons typically, or what is the range? Are any of them available with Diesel?
Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

When I had my ride-on 5 years ago. My main modification was to add a "holster" for a 1-quart hand sprayer. It could do about a thousand sq feet of spot spraying. Although, sometimes I needed a second holster for the nutsedge spray or a sprayer of Drive for spots of crabgrass.

Actually--I added a kitchen timer for calibration. I had calculated that, in top gear, if I was using the proper amount of fertilizer/crab control--using a full bag in the hopper--I should run out after 4 minutes and 20 seconds of application time. I could set it like an alarm to beep when it ran down or just look at the digital elapsed time, like with a stopwatch. The old-style mechanical timer could be set to ding at 4 minutes. I removed it when rain threatened.

I also tried to install a bicycle speedometer so that I would be able to tell when I had gone .24 miles. When spreading 10 feet wide...this equaled 12,500 sqft, (one bag of 19-0-6). No place to mount the magnet on my ride-on. It worked fine on my Scotts/Andersens stainless steel push spreader. Its for sale, cheap.