Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-18-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

F4 Tornado in my home town

Yesterday there was a F 4 that hit my home town. It destroyed at least 5 of my customers homes that I mow for. I was just saying in another thread the other day, how we have had such weird weather this year. We had, flood, drought, early snow, and now a devastating tornado to end my lawn care season. Please pray for our community of Washington, IL. It is something that I thought I would never witness in my life.

http://www.pjstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...1809999&Ref=PH
Old 11-19-2013, 05:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hope everyone recovers quickly.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:50 AM

I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have an entire town wiped out. I just don't know what I would do. Business, home, transportation, possessions, record keeping etc gone. Bills still coming in. From the pictures and videos I have seen, nothing was left standing. All lost in minutes. Really would test your sanity. This could happen anywhere in Tornado prone areas. I hope cleanup and rebuilding happens quickly for you all. Be on the lookout for Post traumatic stress syndrome and other mental problems. The body is not equipped to handle such a shock to the system.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear about that and how everyone recovers best thru can and take the opportunity top realize what is important. Thus weather is heavily influenced by man made pollution
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2013, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My charity deals a lot with disaster situations. My German short haired pointer has been trained pretty well do be a cadaver dog. The rebuilding process starts to happen After the initial shock and acceptance of what happened. We all deal with this change in our own way.

The most important thing for you to do is go to the town hall, and find work. There will be a stream of "storm chasers" coming in from other counties and states looking for work. If you let them know your situation, and that your homes were destroyed, they will give you work before the other guys. Do this today, like NOW!

God bless my friend. As horrible as this event is, I hope it only leaves a new positive outlook on life for you.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I Thank God for the safety in my home, every time I see what can happen!!! Be thankful for what you do have and use that strength to encourage others... Hope you all find shelter before winter...
Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Gdguth, I am glad you made it through that safely. I am just outside of Milwaukee and we dodged a bullet. The storms were to the north and south of us. Best of luck to you down there, we are all here to help if there is anything we can do.

Chevy K10
6'x10' Hallmark Enclosed
Gravely PM 152Z
Toro Timemaster
Stihl Handhelds along with an Echo and Husqvarna
Craftsman Vac

Servicing Milwaukee, Waukesha, and Washington Counties
Old 11-19-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the kind thoughts you guys. Luckily my house was not hit. I live on the other side of town. The out pour of help is amazing. Everybody is being so generous with the clean-up help. I got a few pics but can't seem to load them. How do I resize them they are to large.

Last edited by gdguth; 11-19-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to hear you're alright and your home was spared. I'll be praying for you and Washington. I hope the rebuilding process goes quickly and you guys can get back to some sense of normalcy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Praying for you and your community....