Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2013, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You wouldn't buy a Ferrari and expect to get charged backyard Bob's shop rates for service when you brought it back to the dealer would you?

You bought a Ferrari. Now learn to accept your choices and move on. I'd suggest learning to appreciate what you have peraonally.

I've been one of their harshest critics but in reality, their software provides what no one else can. Isn't that worth something?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Member

What does RG provide that justifies spending that much money. Is it a only for larger companies <100 or 150.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-20-2013, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hate the fees and hate that every cool feature they add cost up front and monthly ding...i too have paid them thousands....doing the budget I think we spend about $3,000 a year with them for support, fees, and printing......but the reality is is that its the best tool we have and there is nothing else like it........trust me I've demoed enough softwares after getting pissed at Real Green many times.......there may be better options for small companies that want to stay small but if you want to grow and scale your business its hands down the best....
Old 11-20-2013, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Real green is not for small 100 Account companies. It is powerful for companies that want to market and manage hundreds or thousands of customers.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
You wouldn't buy a Ferrari and expect to get charged backyard Bob's shop rates for service when you brought it back to the dealer would you?

You bought a Ferrari. Now learn to accept your choices and move on. I'd suggest learning to appreciate what you have peraonally.

I've been one of their harshest critics but in reality, their software provides what no one else can. Isn't that worth something?
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't really see it as buying a Ferrari. It's a decent system which I can utilize without needing tech support. The problem I am having with them is they are trying to force people like me into upgrades with the threat of not being able to go to the newest cloud based system without paying all over for it. I try to appreciate what I have as long as it's terms and prices don't change on me.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

After having gotten a call from Real Green this morning, I was informed that the letter I got was only half the problem and reason I may have to switch to something else. I was told two things by two people there that both we very nice but neither knew exactly what was going on. Apparently the real green software is switching to the cloud or a .net based system. Typically you can upgrade your software buy going online and doing it, just takes a few minutes. Now that Real Green will be based in the cloud all your information will be stored with them. The catch is that it's now 135 a month but that also includes tech support which used to be 200 a quarter. The advantages are that you can use a mobile device like tablet and use your software (I am assuming there is some sort of fee associated with this) and tech support is included. The downside is there is no more tech support (at least according to one person I spoke with there) for the physical version of Real Green that isn't on the cloud that I currently have. Again both people I spoke with were very nice but I could tell they could understand why I was unhappy. I had asked one if she had been getting a bunch of angry people calling and she hinted at it. What rubs me the wrong way is that I was sold on something (like at least an option for tech support and upgrades) and they have changed their terms. Does anyone know something regarding this I am missing?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My son suggests format factory to modify the image.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We use trackload.com. It routes our daily stops for about $90 per every 3 months (we do NOT pay for it during the winter). We run at least 6 routes per day (up to 125 lawns per day). Customer count = about 2900. We offer 5 (chemical) app's per year plus aerations, etc.

We subcontract our mowing to a close friend's company, so we don't have to mess with that headache.

I run the daily operations, and I do not have a 'smart' phone. Getting "on the web" is something I do not need during my work day. We have 2 ladies working in the office that handle the bookkeeping, phone calls, emails, etc.

Yet I keep getting sales calls trying to sell me "smart phone applications" >>> total waste of time for me cuz I don't want to be bothered while I'm working. I seldom answer my cell phone while I'm working either. Cuz when it rings, I'm usually driving, applying products, or speaking with a customer. All of us use cell phones with PTT (instant 2-way radio).

Get r done.

The only time I "get on the web" is AFTER work. Hope this makes sense, and I completely realize every business is different.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have not recieved the letter about Cloud based yet but if this is the case ....I am pumped and dont care if i have to pay more.....right now I have to use Go to my pc to access it out in the field and it work ok but would rather be able to just access it on the cloud anytime....
Old 11-21-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper44 View Post
I have not recieved the letter about Cloud based yet but if this is the case ....I am pumped and dont care if i have to pay more.....right now I have to use Go to my pc to access it out in the field and it work ok but would rather be able to just access it on the cloud anytime....
Mega ditos.
Posted via Mobile Device