Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALAWN View Post
personally message me and I will email you from my personal account the image of the letter we were sent. I'm not wasting my time on here other than to educate people in OUR industry.
Not sure what this is supposed to mean but I haven't been on babysite in a while and I remember why. Just a joke....that's why I used the little ...later
Old 11-22-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
Not sure what this is supposed to mean but I haven't been on babysite in a while and I remember why. Just a joke....that's why I used the little ...later
I think he meant for you to message him if you wanted to see the letter he would email it to you....
Old 11-30-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALAWN View Post
After having gotten a call from Real Green this morning, I was informed that the letter I got was only half the problem and reason I may have to switch to something else. I was told two things by two people there that both we very nice but neither knew exactly what was going on. Apparently the real green software is switching to the cloud or a .net based system. Typically you can upgrade your software buy going online and doing it, just takes a few minutes. Now that Real Green will be based in the cloud all your information will be stored with them. The catch is that it's now 135 a month but that also includes tech support which used to be 200 a quarter. The advantages are that you can use a mobile device like tablet and use your software (I am assuming there is some sort of fee associated with this) and tech support is included. The downside is there is no more tech support (at least according to one person I spoke with there) for the physical version of Real Green that isn't on the cloud that I currently have. Again both people I spoke with were very nice but I could tell they could understand why I was unhappy. I had asked one if she had been getting a bunch of angry people calling and she hinted at it. What rubs me the wrong way is that I was sold on something (like at least an option for tech support and upgrades) and they have changed their terms. Does anyone know something regarding this I am missing?
That sounds like a lawsuit on your hands. I would threaten suit.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I have used software call Billmaster for the past 2 years and have been very happy! It is only $500 with unlimited support from the owner. It has worked great for my company that consists of 600 properties and 1 other applicator besides myself. Let me know if anyone wants the details.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Damn, you got a deal. Your operation sounds almost identical to mine. I've been using Billmaster for the last 4 yrs and love it. John is great about taking care of you when you need him. Couldn't ask for better service!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Damn, you got a deal. Your operation sounds almost identical to mine. I've been using Billmaster for the last 4 yrs and love it. John is great about taking care of you when you need him. Couldn't ask for better service!

I agree! What do you use for routing?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Go to "Estimates/More" on the toolbar in Billmaster. There is a link to Google Maps. When you go to that link you can either type in individual points/addresses(Point A,B,C etc..) or you can just click your preset groups/routes of customers and it will pin them on a map that can be viewed/printed. The only thing about the preset groups is it will only pin a maximum of 25 addresses at a time to the map. I have a couple of routes that have 30+ accounts.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Go to "Estimates/More" on the toolbar in Billmaster. There is a link to Google Maps. When you go to that link you can either type in individual points/addresses(Point A,B,C etc..) or you can just click your preset groups/routes of customers and it will pin them on a map that can be viewed/printed. The only thing about the preset groups is it will only pin a maximum of 25 addresses at a time to the map. I have a couple of routes that have 30+ accounts.
Its not really a problem for me because I was a Firefighter in the primary city I service for 10 yrs. I know all of the streets and I know where many of the fire hydrants are as well...lol

However, greenhorns need good directions...
Old 12-02-2013, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
You mean scheduling...most of the popular sceduling programs will do billing also...clip, jobber etc...record the work each day, hit a button and it rescedules and hit another button and bills are created....then e-mail. Takes 5 minutes
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 12-03-2013, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Great! Thanks so much!! What state do you run your business out of?
Posted via Mobile Device