Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-04-2013, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
One other thing about the bobcat. The glass is on the outside of the protection screen. Can't imagine how many more windows we would go thru with that set up
Posted via Mobile Device
That's is really good engineering there. We broke a side window out if the cat a couple weeks ago with glass on inside of metal. If glass was on outside we would have to open a glass business and all we do with it is new home construction landscaping.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2013, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
My buddy selling Bobcat says you can't defrost the side windows with the mesh on the inside and you can't wipe the condensation off either.
This is interesting. I wouldn't have thought of this as an immediate drawback to having the glass on the outside.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Try working outside in the rain for a half hour, then jump in the cab with the heat set on half or full. 5 minutes later you won't see anything. I can't imagine hoow frustrating it must be to have the glass on the outside.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-06-2013, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Try working outside in the rain for a half hour, then jump in the cab with the heat set on half or full. 5 minutes later you won't see anything. I can't imagine hoow frustrating it must be to have the glass on the outside.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cage slides back so you can wipe it.

I think they put the glass on the outside so when it breaks it doesn't fall on you. Not to mention much easier to clean
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-06-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
One other thing about the bobcat. The glass is on the outside of the protection screen. Can't imagine how many more windows we would go thru with that set up
Posted via Mobile Device
there is a separate vent for window defrost on the M series bobcats....if its adjusted right they work.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson M Martin View Post
there is a separate vent for window defrost on the M series bobcats....if its adjusted right they work.
He's been selling Bobcats for around 18 years so I'm pretty confident in his assessment. He told me that it's a common complaint on the new machines. Insufficient airflow for defrosting or defogging the side windows. They're also a problem for guys that brush cut or work in brush.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to add any fuel to the fire here, but we have a T770 setup for brush work and part of the brush package they put on the machine was a lexan type of window replacement for the side glass windows. So far we have had zero problems breaking a window or even scratching one. Why they don't put these windows on as standard equipment is beyond me, but once on the machine they seem to be doing their job well. Maybe you can get these windows included in the deal for a new machine without having to get the whole brush package?

We also plow snow with the machine and have gotten in and out of the machine with wet clothes and have had zero problems with fogging up the windows. As Nelson said, there are some separate vents for the window defrost that paired with having the AC condenser running with the heat on like you do in a car, keep the windows clear. My T320 was a totally different story though on the fogging issue...

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 12-07-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lexan side windows would be a plus on any machine . Have you had any over heating problems with your 770 ?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Non so far- the 770 seems to run a bit cooler than our T320 did. I'm not sure what they did if anything to the hydraulic system on these machines to help them cool quickly but whatever they did seems to work. Couple that with the fact the radiators are so easy to clean and you have a good machine IMO to run highflow attachments.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 12-07-2013, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the fuel burn on your 770 while mulching ?