Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Marek the price for a new 259d enclosed cab heat ac manual bucket lock with no bucket is 43000 out the door before tax
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Call jimmy at Howard county equipment for Kubota pricing. I heard gateway was going under
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

K k ill call him tomorrow. For the new cat d track loaders your saying they are kubota engines painted yellow. ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicLawnCareInc View Post
Marek the price for a new 259d enclosed cab heat ac manual bucket lock with no bucket is 43000 out the door before tax
Posted via Mobile Device
That seems like a pretty good price.

Buddy of mine bought a Cat 259B3 last year. I put close to 200hrs on it running gravel and dirt along a 4mile stretch of road. there were working on a levee project. i was keeping the road intact while they ran dump trucks and machines along it all day. it rained for close to 5days straight so it was nasty conditions. I absolutely love how the 259 handles and its one hell of a workhorse.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 11-24-2013, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Call jimmy at Howard county equipment for Kubota pricing. I heard gateway was going under
Posted via Mobile Device
I know the owners I hope not. There's a lot more green then orange in my area
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicLawnCareInc View Post
K k ill call him tomorrow. For the new cat d track loaders your saying they are Kubota engines painted yellow. ?
Posted via Mobile Device
No were saying Kubota makes an awesome machine. And svl75 is 60k otd with tax though
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to look at the kubota 75 horse when I'm ready to buy. I have a friend who has had one for 2 years claims its the best machine he has ever used.. Price at my dealer was 52000 cab svl75 and hydraulic coupler
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's my understanding that all new cat small equipment is powered by kubota engines
Old 11-24-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGrassCutter View Post
I am going to look at the kubota 75 horse when I'm ready to buy. I have a friend who has had one for 2 years claims its the best machine he has ever used.. Price at my dealer was 52000 cab svl75 and hydraulic coupler
Posted via Mobile Device
Normally with a Kubota product I wouldn't disagree but I know three old Bobcat customers that have Kubota CTLs (two 75s and a 90) and I don't think any of them would consider the machines to be anything above average. The SVL90 customer brushcuts and is now talking to CAT dealer trying to trade for a 299D XHP and one of the 75 customers is going to buy a new Bobcat CTL once he isn't as upside down on his current machine.

These are just a few of the things that came up in our conversations-
- cannot see the corners of the buckets from the operator seat when cutting grade of performing finish work.
- cab rattles like crazy (all three owners said this)
- the machines only have heater and A/C vents on the right side of the cab leaving the operator hot on the left side of the cab (especially with the sun on that side) and always having cold arms, legs and feet on the left. The window also does not defrost on the left side.
- the hyd sight glass is located down by your right foot in the cab and can't easily be seen and can't be seen at all when pouring hyd fluid into the filler tube outside of the machine.
- there is no barrier in the loader towers preventing material from getting inside the engine bay during brushcutting and the 90 owner and one of the 75 owners have each bent or snapped a lift cylinder because of debris build up in the loader towers and there is only a little hole at the bottom that makes it very hard to clean out.
-marginal serviceability.
-very expensive undercarriage parts considering that they are essentially all the same as the other OEMs.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Everyone has their opinions. I ran a 75 machine at a customer clinic and I was let down by what I was expecting to an excellent machine based on Kubota's reputation. I would not own the 75 machine I ran, maybe the 90 is better.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.