Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-23-2013, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I've got to do that too. I've probably got six months worth of remodeling.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
time off? hahahaha...I've gotten slammed the past month and have TONS of extras to get done....debt think there will be much downtime this winter...
Posted via Mobile Device
Here here.... I generally am getting pissy with people on lawnsite at this point and raging by feb. but I have not been here long enough this year since EOW to even think about it. Mulch, Sod , Installations, clean ups ...general little extras have been keeping us busy this year.

I went out today and am taking the rest of the week off, my guys will work tomorrow for sure and maybe wed. if needed. I will of course be doing holiday thing! When we return a week full of mowing and then mulch and installation should be going in... Growth is happening this year like crazy

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I guess we are going to skip the 40's altogether. Supposed to be 34F here Wednesday night. That should turn the switch off.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

wow...this has been the wettest YEAR i can remember...it has rained yesterday and today as well as 2 other days this past week and last Thursday it rained for 4 hours straight....its crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I hope some of you take a vacation and go somewhere that you enjoy. It is not all about work all the time. We work hard enough in the summer with battling the rain etc. we need to take some time and enjoy the fruits of are labor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Amen to that, We shut down thanksgiving week and 10 days off during Christmas/new years. We got enough work to stay busy but don't have to go chasing it around.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i dont want to complain as I've been picking up a lot of good work but it is way too hot for this time of year...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

When the highs are only 2 or 3 degrees under 90 in December you have to wonder what July will bring
Old 12-11-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

man don't even say that i feel like crying....

i do remember the year we had the really cold winter the same thing happened in December. i hope the same thing happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-13-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
man don't even say that i feel like crying....

i do remember the year we had the really cold winter the same thing happened in December. i hope the same thing happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
You talking like three or 4 years ago? If so yes I remember it being extremely Warm up until just after Christmas....and then Blame we got frosted all over. That is my Dream for this year as this winter has been unusually busy....frost damage all over equals more clean up and plantings money in the spring and of course will slow it down for a bit on the maintenance. That is officially added to my Christmas wish!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
You talking like three or 4 years ago? If so yes I remember it being extremely Warm up until just after Christmas....and then Blame we got frosted all over. That is my Dream for this year as this winter has been unusually busy....frost damage all over equals more clean up and plantings money in the spring and of course will slow it down for a bit on the maintenance. That is officially added to my Christmas wish!
yup...that was it. i really hope it gets really cold. im still trimming somewhat frequently and when we do some yards that have gone 2 weeks they are tall. we did have a lot of rain which didn't help either...
Posted via Mobile Device