Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-24-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Or mulched. The leaf plow pic is like the kinds of piles we sometimes clean up and remove. Every post I see about "just mulch them" cracks me up when there's piles like that, especially when they're cold/icy/wet, or all 3 at once.
Posted via Mobile Device
I second that about mulching! Up here leaves get way too deep too fast to stay ahead mulching. Leaf plows or blowers are the way to go in my opinion. I did a cleanup today that usually takes me 6-7 hours with 2 guys, in just an hour with 2 guys, one with a bp blower and me on my hurricane blower. With the right tools and some direction as to how we are going to tackle the job, you can get a lot done in a short amount of time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Never ran a hurricane but they look awesome. I have a wheeled blower and it has saved is so much time over the backpacks and its only a 14hp. I can only imagine what the larger ones are capable of.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post

Suck them up then dump for the city to pick up.
Posted via Mobile Device
If we would dump a load of leaves like that on the road the police and city would be all over our backside. We would be fined like you would not believe.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Leaf Lawnscapes View Post
I second that about mulching! Up here leaves get way too deep too fast to stay ahead mulching. Leaf plows or blowers are the way to go in my opinion. I did a cleanup today that usually takes me 6-7 hours with 2 guys, in just an hour with 2 guys, one with a bp blower and me on my hurricane blower. With the right tools and some direction as to how we are going to tackle the job, you can get a lot done in a short amount of time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes knowing how to help each other out while using different equipment and direction on how you plan on getting it done. Also being able to change it up when the wind changes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMlawncare View Post
If we would dump a load of leaves like that on the road the police and city would be all over our backside. We would be fined like you would not believe.
That's the way it's done here as long as it doesn't affect traffic. Plus if it was a problem these people can pull all kinds of strings. I'm not going to kill grass on a multimillion dollar property.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMlawncare View Post
Some areas, dont know about that one, have curbside leaf pickup. Some areas do and some areas don't. Just depends on the city/borough. Sure is nice when then have it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yea that city has curbside pick up! 3-4 maybe more 85hp odb loaders and a dozen dump trucks going for 2 months. Best part is they get the convicts to rake and run the vac.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Never ran a hurricane but they look awesome. I have a wheeled blower and it has saved is so much time over the backpacks and its only a 14hp. I can only imagine what the larger ones are capable of.
Posted via Mobile Device
We had 2 9hp little wonder push units and the hurricane outperforms them 6 to 1. If you ever have the chance to try one you will be hooked. Our productivity has gone through the roof with this unit.
Posted via Mobile Device