Register free!

Old 02-08-2014, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It was after 1992. Somewhere around 1997. How did they do sales prior to that period?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
It was after 1992. Somewhere around 1997. How did they do sales prior to that period?
Someone else can probably answer that better than me. But I think it was around the mid-1980's when both ChemLawn and TruGreen (separate and independent companies at that time), started their annual early spring telemarketing campaigns. Before then, it may have just been print advertising. It was in 1987 when they both got bought and owned by parent companies. I would presume that is when they really ramped up the telemarketing.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees Too View Post
ATTN: Any & all OLD ChemLawn employees. Just as an f.y.i. there is a wall on Facebook titled "CHEMLAWN alumni association". This is an informal group of all old ChemLawn employees from the pre-1992-93 ServiceMaster acquisition. Specifically the Dukes & then Ecolab years from the late 60's thru early 90's. This FB wall is an open group, and has some rather interesting reminiscing and old CL photos from employees of the "original" ChemLawn!
I have noticed that there is both a website and Facebook page for a company called "Chemscape Pest Control and Lawn Care" out of Hendersonville, Tennessee. (About 225 miles n.e. of TruGreen's headquarters in Memphis, TN.)

I'm just curious about the origin of this company's name "Chemscape", and if they have any old affiliation with the former ChemLawn Corp. Anyone?