Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-01-2013, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Need to get rid of one on the block and keep two

I have these two yards same block. Lately one is being a pain and looks for things to complain about. Made me come out to striaghten her mail box she said i hit. The mail box is very poorly put in and it wasnt me. I want to drop her and pick up another yard on the street that we cleaned up leaves for. And we will cut next year. Any good ways of getting rid of this one while keeping the rest. The orther are good yards.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

In my experience as long as you are giving quality work to the other customers they will not leave. Just be respectful in explaining why you are dropping her and get someone else. She might realize then you are the best
Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Been through this exact same thing before. A lady I cut for would ask if I could cut the front today and come back and cut the back tomorrow so her dogs could have a place to play outside while I worked. This happened every time I tried to service the account. I put up with it for 3 months (3 months too long). I told her my services and her needs didn't match up and we would both be better off if someone else serviced her lawn. I wished her the best of luck and walked out on it. Be honest and don't tiptoe around it. Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something