Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2014, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input, I'm still unsure as to what I'm going to do, I may just send out a bunch of resumes and see what comes of it. I lived in Tennessee for 2 years and wasn't effected by the heat and humidity, plus I acquired a fairly good understanding of different types of plants and grasses while there.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11771 View Post
Thanks for the input, I'm still unsure as to what I'm going to do, I may just send out a bunch of resumes and see what comes of it. I lived in Tennessee for 2 years and wasn't effected by the heat and humidity, plus I acquired a fairly good understanding of different types of plants and grasses while there.
TN is a solid three to four zones to the north. Not even close to our climate which pretty much stays the same. There's a very good reason we have our own forum. Much of what is north of J-ville just doesn't apply down here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
TN is a solid three to four zones to the north. Not even close to our climate which pretty much stays the same. There's a very good reason we have our own forum. Much of what is north of J-ville just doesn't apply down here.
Posted via Mobile Device
For sure, it snowed around Pensacola this year but parts of my landscape include Spaths, Crotons, Hibiscus and Dwarf Powderpuff. Nothing was even touched by the cold this year and I did not cover anything.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Member

From Ohio.. Wanting to make the move... Need to sell my Company for 7 figures (dont think it will happen) so running it from here.. (in palm beach now visiting)...Also have 700k in realstate i need to sale as well..

I hate the money/pricing i'm seeing in Florida.. I was all prepared to buy Ric's Fert company on here but he jerked me around..

Now i have been looking for other careers, saw a few limo businesses for sale.. Seems they all only make 200k a year..
I don't get what is wrong with businesses down here.. I'm only 33 years old, high school drop out and built a 7 figure Landscape/Tree service with nobody holding my hand..
So dam hot here to landscape...

I think all of us up north guys should team up.. Form the Yankee Landscape & Tree Service

Bucket Truck/Chipper

Landscapes/Hardscapes

7 Trucks
2 Loaders
1 Mini skid steer
A Army of MEN

Old 03-19-2014, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLineAtATime View Post
From Ohio.. Wanting to make the move... Need to sell my Company for 7 figures (dont think it will happen) so running it from here.. (in palm beach now visiting)...Also have 700k in realstate i need to sale as well..

I hate the money/pricing i'm seeing in Florida.. I was all prepared to buy Ric's Fert company on here but he jerked me around..

Now i have been looking for other careers, saw a few limo businesses for sale.. Seems they all only make 200k a year..
I don't get what is wrong with businesses down here.. I'm only 33 years old, high school drop out and built a 7 figure Landscape/Tree service with nobody holding my hand..

I think all of us up north guys should team up.. Form the Yankee Landscape & Tree Service
I didn't jerk you around. I gave you my phone number and you never called me. In the Mean time my health is good and I hired a helper. I am working part time to stay active, not make a living. BTW If I knew you didn't have a High School Diploma, I would of told you, You can't qualify to sit for the Fla. CPO test.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLineAtATime View Post

Surprising a Millionaire self made man would come on Lawnsite and whine, I have to call BS.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I didn't jerk you around. I gave you my phone number and you never called me. In the Mean time my health is good and I hired a helper. I am working part time to stay active, not make a living. BTW If I knew you didn't have a High School Diploma, I would of told you, You can't qualify to sit for the Fla. CPO test.

Now that's funny
Old 03-19-2014, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Im sure a GED will get it done.. hasnt stoped me yet..
As for the b.s, google my company. .

FLAWLESS LANDSCAPING & TREE SERVICE columbus ohio..
Got no reason to make stuff up..
And Ric, im here in Sarasota now like I said I would be to come meet you and talk business. ..
You pm me asking to sell, I didnt seek you out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2014, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry if I came off wrong guys.. not trying to run my mouth. .
Looking forward to building relationships.
Posted via Mobile Device