Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
Making a switch.

Today is the last day I hope. The last day of manually entering in every invoice for every customer. I have grown to hate this process. The customer is just way to large and this takes way to long of period of time to complete.

I am starting my free trial of jobber tomorrow. If all goes as expected this should make me not dread the end of the month as much as my invoices will automated and any additional charges that will need to be added will be able to have already been added as soon as the work in complete from the field since it is cloud based.

So any of the rest of your Florida guys using Jobber for lawn maintenance? If so has your experience been good? If so or if not please share with me as I am serious about switching over after this free month trial of playing with it. Any insights into issues with accessing in the field etc. Other issues you have found.

Do you have a software that you feel offers similar benefits that I should review?

Thanks
Michael
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Tropical Gardens Tropical Gardens is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sarasota Florida
Posts: 27
We have been using jobber since the first of the year..excellent in every way..Most importantly can see when the customer opens the invoice so there is no confusion as to whether they received it or not. We tried the trial of quickbooks online and found it to be extremely confusing..very long learning curve and we just don't have the time
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2013, 04:14 PM
williams lcm williams lcm is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 765
When invoices get sent out do they go to the customers email address or sent to home address? Some of my customers do not check email very often or old and don't have a computer or smart phone. Can you input business expense on this? Or is this strickly invoices.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Gardens View Post
We have been using jobber since the first of the year..excellent in every way..Most importantly can see when the customer opens the invoice so there is no confusion as to whether they received it or not. We tried the trial of quickbooks online and found it to be extremely confusing..very long learning curve and we just don't have the time
Good to hear. After research I am pretty sure they are going to be my choice unless something disturbs me during this free demo. I have similar feelings on quickbooks which I own. It is great but way to complicated for someone my size unless you have prior experience with it.

Have you used any of the ad on features? It looks from the outside without experiencing it first hand like it has the features most small to medium size lawn services would look for. I have read that the customer service is top notch which puts me at ease.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
When invoices get sent out do they go to the customers email address or sent to home address? Some of my customers do not check email very often or old and don't have a computer or smart phone. Can you input business expense on this? Or is this strickly invoices.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tropical or another user may be able to answer this accurately but to the best of my knowledge william, the invoices can be created and invoiced through email if you want and set up that way but either way the invoices will be there to batch if you want to manually send. Which is my main concern, I just dread sitting down and invoicing at the first of the month at this point and have for some time. It is a time consuming task however that has to be done, but if it can be done without much effort on my part other than stuffing envelopes, then so be it.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2013, 06:54 PM
williams lcm williams lcm is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 765
As of now I print out 70 envelopes with the customers name that has been stored on my computer. One click it prints. Then I print 70 billing statements. All have the same info month to month. All I do is input the amount due. It takes about 5min to print. As they come off the printer I stuff enevolpe and put stamp on it. Same month after month. Some customers just auto set up payment and I never send them a bill or they put check under mat at their door. But this jobber may be faster and easier and may not use my computer ink.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
As of now I print out 70 envelopes with the customers name that has been stored on my computer. One click it prints. Then I print 70 billing statements. All have the same info month to month. All I do is input the amount due. It takes about 5min to print. As they come off the printer I stuff enevolpe and put stamp on it. Same month after month. Some customers just auto set up payment and I never send them a bill or they put check under mat at their door. But this jobber may be faster and easier and may not use my computer ink.
Posted via Mobile Device
It sounds like you have a basic spread sheet or something set up from your description. Is that correct? If so how do you keep track of income and expenses etc? How much time are you spending inputting that data?
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,229
I was where you are now 15 years ago...we had spread sheets and log sheets and spent hours making statements and invoices...
Anything is better than manually making the invoices...I got QuickBooks first...its not as difficult as folks say...it allows for batch e-mailing invoices, e-mail tracking, credit card payments and easily downloadable bank statements into QuickBooks. Very powerful and I think necessary for the reports, payroll withholding, taxes, insurance..you can run...at end if year, I give my accountant my QuickBooks file via e-mail snd I'm done...

Jobber will be fine as stand alone also..or in conjunction with QuickBooks.

I have used clip for 10 or 12 years...each day, my crews enter job data, I downloadd it to my computer and then bulk tranfer it into QuickBooks once per month...all completed jobs which have amounts attached to it are consolidated in one invoice per account
In QuickBooks, I see a window with all the e-mailed invoices which i just created and I can send individually or bulk...
The process takes 20 minutes when set-up properly...

QuickBooks also has interface for sending overdue invoices a reminder...
__________________
1989 BlueChevy 1500 Extended cab with FULL bed
1978 7ft Sears cargo trailer with added wood inserts to hold both my weedeaters
3 1976-83 vintage lawnboy lawnmowers with full self propel features as well as mulch kits
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
Th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
I was where you are now 15 years ago...we had spread sheets and log sheets and spent hours making statements and invoices...
Anything is better than manually making the invoices...I got QuickBooks first...its not as difficult as folks say...it allows for batch e-mailing invoices, e-mail tracking, credit card payments and easily downloadable bank statements into QuickBooks. Very powerful and I think necessary for the reports, payroll withholding, taxes, insurance..you can run...at end if year, I give my accountant my QuickBooks file via e-mail snd I'm done...

Jobber will be fine as stand alone also..or in conjunction with QuickBooks.

I have used clip for 10 or 12 years...each day, my crews enter job data, I downloadd it to my computer and then bulk tranfer it into QuickBooks once per month...all completed jobs which have amounts attached to it are consolidated in one invoice per account
In QuickBooks, I see a window with all the e-mailed invoices which i just created and I can send individually or bulk...
The process takes 20 minutes when set-up properly...

QuickBooks also has interface for sending overdue invoices a reminder...
I have been using a "lawn software" until now. It does not allow me to batch invoices even though we deal in level billing in this part of fl. Each month i spend hours creating invoices and stuffing the envelops. This of course does nothing for my expense data that also has to be entered.
I look forward to not only having invoices batched and ready to go, but also being able ro take pictures of reciepts and saving that data into expenses out in the field. I also look forward to being able to ensure i can add on or create a invoice in the field. To often i have been racking my brain trying to ensure we billed out for all the little extras we did that month.
I just bought a new desktop for the business too and will be making the jump to windows 8.....i dread that as much as batching invoices,
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-2013, 11:13 PM
South Florida Lawns's Avatar
South Florida Lawns South Florida Lawns is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 4,761
Quickbooks is awesome. It will take a while to set everything up though and can be tricky at times but there are tutorials on youtube that help.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.07350 seconds with 7 queries