Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-04-2013, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

US Postal

Any one noticed they are not receiving mail or clients are not receiving sent mail? I sent out 100 Thanksgiving cards and alot of the recipients have not gotten them. Yes i sent them out a week+ before Thanksgiving.
I also have alot of clients who swear they sent me a check but i never receive it.

Anyone else experience this?

www.SoCalPonds.com
Old 12-04-2013, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know about the cards but I'd suspect that the checks were never written and mailed. Sounds like you are being played.

When the client tells you that they mailed the check and can't understand why you haven't gotten it yet, insist that they immediately hand you another check or cash and instruct them to immediately put a stop payment on their lost check. Then ask them to give you the number on the check that they are putting the stop payment on so that if it ever does happen to arrive you can be sure to return it to them instead of taking the chance of it getting accidentally deposited which will result in unnecessary bank fees as well as an additional $25 cancelled check fee that they will be directly responsible for covering.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 12-04-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of mail os opened by one member of the family and discarded. the spouse probably doesn't even know a card was received. I agree with the above statement about the customer playing you.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes mail does get lost, not because it was not properly addressed, but because of the incompetence of both the postal carrier and the the postal service equipment.

They will not fire or can because of Union rules, if a carrier drops mail at the wrong location. You would think this would be part of the job description but isn't a firable offense.

Just about anytime our regular carrier takes a day off, i will get mail for other people in a different city, mail for my neighbors or my mail dropped at the wrong house. Then of course, i will mistakenly open my mail and forget to take check out.

But since the P.O. has been having moral problems(last three years because of closings and benefit reductions) nothing but mistakes, damaged mail ect.... So yes there is a problem, specially in high cost of living areas such as SoCal and S.F. Bay area.

Last edited by Michael J. Donovan; 12-04-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: last comment not needed
Old 12-04-2013, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I feel bad for you, Gusbuster. I have zero problems with mail, other than when people choose to invoke the "Nope, I never received your invoice." or "Well, I sent the check a week ago...". Even with multiple addresses, and 10-20 pieces of mail per day, provided there isn't a sender error, I have no problems, large city or small.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Member

more then likely they're(post office) to busy worrying about all the junk mail that gets shoved up our ___es. I've said it for years snail mail can quit with crap/junk mail and cut delivery down to 4 days a week.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I to have had problems with ppl and in voices but I know its on them because my customers are for the most part trained they call asked where the in voice was on the 5th when they did not get it. Or called saying I have not cashed the check.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
I feel bad for you, Gusbuster. I have zero problems with mail, other than when people choose to invoke the "Nope, I never received your invoice." or "Well, I sent the check a week ago...". Even with multiple addresses, and 10-20 pieces of mail per day, provided there isn't a sender error, I have no problems, large city or small.
Oh I have those kind of clients to. But for the most part it is the new people that are incapable of doing the job they were hired to do.my regular carrier loves me because the amount that he has to deliver is based on the volume that he actually delivers. Since I do all my office work at a residential house it looks like he is doing more than 20 houses. at the beginning beginng of the month I am getting anywhere from 30 to 60 pieces of mail.so it makes my postman very efficient and he is,just his subs do not have the experience nor the knowledge to go through each piece of mail to read the address. Nobody at the main office tell this guy just this address get a ton of mail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
us mail