Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-27-2013, 10:45 AM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainTainZ Property Svcs. View Post
Well, the situation I'm in is a little different. I bought the property about 6 years ago or so and I pay $200 a month. Utilities would run about $150
Stop right there.


Where I live I could never find a place to buy $2,000 a month.

That is a $24,000 a year expense.

$24,000 would keep me in trucks, trailers, mowers and every kind of equipment I want.

I am not anti shop and yard. Just so many other things are a more important to me.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-27-2013, 09:38 PM
MainTainZ Property Svcs. MainTainZ Property Svcs. is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Near Knoxville, TN
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Stop right there.


Where I live I could never find a place to buy $2,000 a month.

That is a $24,000 a year expense.

$24,000 would keep me in trucks, trailers, mowers and every kind of equipment I want.

I am not anti shop and yard. Just so many other things are a more important to me.
Uh, I pay $200 a month not $2,000...
__________________
2005 F350 PowerStroke
1990 GMC Sierra 4x4
1981 Chevy 1 ton
2008 Yamaha 350 Grizzly
742 Bobcat
7x16 Enclosed Homesteader Trailer
7x16 Landscape Trailer
7x16 Landscape Trailer double gates
(2) Snappers Pro 52" WB's
2012 Scag Turf Tiger
Whole bunch of weedeaters and blowers, etc.
[B]MainTainZ Property Services
Taking Care of What God Gave Us
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-27-2013, 10:59 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainTainZ Property Svcs. View Post
Uh, I pay $200 a month not $2,000...
Uh, I know what you are paying. It comes to $2,400 a year. And you got a great deal.

I stated that I could not buy commercial property for less then $2,000 a month where I am located. That would be $24,000 a year for me.

I would have to make an extra $900 a week during the mowing season to afford a shop and yard. Not anti shop. Just that being I have not out grown my home garage. I can use a new truck and other equipment upgrades. That $24,000 a year, every year, for me would be better spent other ways.

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:29 AM
205mx 205mx is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,737
Understand that 32 has 32 lawns and is not planning on any growth.

:-) just messing with ya
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-28-2013, 08:53 PM
MainTainZ Property Svcs. MainTainZ Property Svcs. is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Near Knoxville, TN
Posts: 136
Well, Uh, I honestly had no idea what 32 was talking about. Seemed like he was stating that there was no way he could pay $2,000 a month when that had never been brought up. I'll just chalk that one up to a little misunderstanding. Everybody have a Happy New Year.
__________________
2005 F350 PowerStroke
1990 GMC Sierra 4x4
1981 Chevy 1 ton
2008 Yamaha 350 Grizzly
742 Bobcat
7x16 Enclosed Homesteader Trailer
7x16 Landscape Trailer
7x16 Landscape Trailer double gates
(2) Snappers Pro 52" WB's
2012 Scag Turf Tiger
Whole bunch of weedeaters and blowers, etc.
[B]MainTainZ Property Services
Taking Care of What God Gave Us
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-28-2013, 08:55 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,391
I would say if you already own the building move in, worst case you outgrow it and move up, jmho
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 PM
hamiltonenterprising hamiltonenterprising is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainTainZ Property Svcs. View Post
Well, Uh, I honestly had no idea what 32 was talking about. Seemed like he was stating that there was no way he could pay $2,000 a month when that had never been brought up. I'll just chalk that one up to a little misunderstanding. Je Everybody have a Happy New Year.
.


Ima chalk your post up as a little misunderstanding. He said in HIS market he couldnt even get one for 2000.
I'm sure he along with all of us would jump on a shop for 200
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-30-2013, 05:38 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Uh, I know what you are paying. It comes to $2,400 a year. And you got a great deal.

I stated that I could not buy commercial property for less then $2,000 a month where I am located. That would be $24,000 a year for me.

I would have to make an extra $900 a week during the mowing season to afford a shop and yard. Not anti shop. Just that being I have not out grown my home garage. I can use a new truck and other equipment upgrades. That $24,000 a year, every year, for me would be better spent other ways.

So it would seem like a pretty good place to make an investment..
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonenterprising View Post
.


Ima chalk your post up as a little misunderstanding. He said in HIS market he couldnt even get one for 2000.
I'm sure he along with all of us would jump on a shop for 200
Posted via Mobile Device
No way in my market.

I would not even wait to take my work boots off to put my sneakers on before I took that jump.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 PM
hydemow hydemow is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: johnston, iowa
Posts: 37
Not sure where you are from but we are currently working in breaking ground for a new shop. 50x90x12 will have 2 10x10 doors, 4 10x9 doors plus a walk door. The cost for the building with doors, and door openers is $20569.00 from menards. I know a concrete guy that is going to do the floor for $9000. My guys will do the building of the building so about 2-4k there. I will then finish the south 20' of the building for a apartment/office. So total around 30k
__________________
01 f-250 300gal spray tank
99 f-350 irrigation truck
14 chevy 3500hd w/18’ trailer 2 deere z930m vantage52’’
05 f-250 w/18’ trailer 2 60’’lazer z, vantage52’’,33’’ wb
14 NPR w/16’bed 2 deere z930m,deere 652r
09 NPR w/16’bed 2 60’’lazer z, vantage52’’
13 chevy 3500hd flat bed 400gallon tank w/ zspray
14 chevy 3500 dump truck w/2014 Deere 326E(landscape)
Dirt work
14 chevy 3500 flat bed w/2010 bobcat t-650
15 chevy 2500hd w/2013 bobcat t-650
06 Chevy 5500 w/2011 bobcat t-750
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lawn care , office , storage , theft , work shop

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Page generated in 0.07299 seconds with 8 queries