Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-12-2013, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service Auto Pilot VS Real Green

Ive been using SAP for a year and I am pretty happy with it. I know they have improvements coming too.

I attended a Real Green Marketing Seminar recently and I am looking to see opinions from you guys who know both products. They have some nice products like the referral program, subscription services, and overall marketing.

I run a full service company, Mow, Fert, Landscape, Hardscape but I am only interested in growing the Mow and Fert portions of the business.

I am currently paying $139/mo and I am sure RG will be more money. Is it worth the extra money?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Sponsor

Real Green Systems

Please call me.
1-800 422 7478 ext 172
Val
Old 12-15-2013, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Val, I already have a demo appt this coming week with Brian

Anyone else with an opinion.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How many accounts do you have? I know real green is lots of $$$. You can do without if you don't have too many accounts. Go in the pest and herb forum and look at the thread "real green can't be serious" good info there
Old 12-15-2013, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I read most of whats on here about Real Green. I currently have a little under 200 accounts, some mowing, some fert, some both. I am interested in growing the business and I know Real Green is the best at it, I just need to evaluate the cost vs reward after I get the numbers from the RG rep this coming week.

I do like Service Autopilot, they just dont have the marketing yet that RG has.

Georgia, I see you are in ATL. I have visited several times and want to move down there at some point and start over if I could sell out here for a decent buck. Great weather down there! I cant take much more of our 7 month season down here and 5 months of snowplowing stinks! We've had 25 inches already!!
Old 12-15-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

cmon cny! more the better
Old 12-15-2013, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYScapes View Post
I read most of whats on here about Real Green. I currently have a little under 200 accounts, some mowing, some fert, some both. I am interested in growing the business and I know Real Green is the best at it, I just need to evaluate the cost vs reward after I get the numbers from the RG rep this coming week.

I do like Service Autopilot, they just dont have the marketing yet that RG has.

Georgia, I see you are in ATL. I have visited several times and want to move down there at some point and start over if I could sell out here for a decent buck. Great weather down there! I cant take much more of our 7 month season down here and 5 months of snowplowing stinks! We've had 25 inches already!!
Be sure to talk with Brian W for your sales guy. He's a master of the software and can help you see how it works best for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-18-2013, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how is the pesticide/chem app tracking in SAP? I tried jobber and it wasn't what i was looking for in regards to chem app tracking so i decided to keep using Gopher. i know i'm gonna need to get something else eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYScapes View Post
Ive been using SAP for a year and I am pretty happy with it. I know they have improvements coming too.

I attended a Real Green Marketing Seminar recently and I am looking to see opinions from you guys who know both products. They have some nice products like the referral program, subscription services, and overall marketing.

I run a full service company, Mow, Fert, Landscape, Hardscape but I am only interested in growing the Mow and Fert portions of the business.

I am currently paying $139/mo and I am sure RG will be more money. Is it worth the extra money?

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Old 12-18-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service Autopilot doesnt have pest tracking as of now, they have several upgrades they say will happed soon but things seem to drag out and get postponed quite often. They have been talking about a marketing plan for over a year now and nothing seems to be happening with that.

I talked to Real Green and I knew it was going to be pricey. It is. To get all the bells and whistles for 3 crews its around $350 month plus $1200 for training and a couple hundred for a bar code reader he says i need. Then I have to pay for the measurements which is like $2500/PER YEAR for an unlimited version. (if your gonna do this you got to go all out!)

So it looks like about $8K for the first year.

This is over 6k more than Im paying for Service Autopilot.

I have to really think about this. Gonna need to pick up a ton of lawns just to pay for this and Im not sure if I am big enough to justify this yet? Even if my profit is $100 per account that means I need to pick up 80 just to break even. What you guys think?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you track chem apps? when you do a lawn treatment what kinda info is included on an invoice for a treatment for a customer? I am thinking of using SAP anyway and manual entering and tracking my chemical usage in excel.. which is gonna be a major pain in the butt, however... I want to be able to easily e-mail invoices, i want to incorporate auto-pay next year as well and i really liked how SAP has those features.

Real Green sounds like the standard for most lawn app companyes, i am no wheres near the point where i could afford or even need something like that. and honestly, from what i read it sounds horrible.

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga